Not all bundles loaded on first start

I performed the following steps:

Started a clean install of OH2, without modifying any of the configuration files
-> Everything OK

Stopped OH2 and copied my config files and restarted it
This resulted in the following warning ragarding the installation of the transformation services:

23:20:15.109 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-transformation-jsonpath’: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-exec1; type=karaf.feature; version="[1.9.0.SNAPSHOT,1.9.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-exec1)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.9.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=1.9.0.SNAPSHOT))"

Additionally openHAB tries to uninstall some bundles, which fails :

`23:20:19.288 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed uninstalling ‘openhab-ui-cometvisu’: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-exec1; type=karaf.feature; version="[1.9.0.SNAPSHOT,1.9.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-exec1)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.9.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=1.9.0.SNAPSHOT))"

23:20:23.487 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed uninstalling ‘openhab-misc-homekit’: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-exec1; type=karaf.feature; version="[1.9.0.SNAPSHOT,1.9.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-exec1)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.9.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=1.9.0.SNAPSHOT))"
`

Stopped and restarted OH2 without changing the configuration:
Only a warning regarding regex transformation:
00:02:31.051 [WARN ] [.core.transform.TransformationHelper] - Cannot get service reference for transformation service of type REGEX 00:02:31.051 [WARN ] [ab.binding.exec.internal.ExecBinding] - couldn’t transform response because transformationService of type ‘REGEX’ is unavailable

Stopped and restarted OH2 without changing the configuration:
-> No more warnings, works as expected.
I have the following configuration in addons.cfg (all other entries are commented out). As the transformation services are part of the expert package they should have been installed on the first start, additionally OH2 should not have tried to deinstall other bundles:

`package = expert

remote = true

legacy = true

experimental = true
binding = astro,caldav-command1,denon1,exec1,fritzboxtr0641,http1,hue,knx1,network,snmp1,tcp1,weather1,wol1

ui = basic, classic, cometvisu, habmin, habpanel, paper

persistence =jdbc-sqlite,mapdb,rrd4j

action = mail, prowl

misc = homekit, restdocs`

As it worked after some retries this might have been a temporary problem with a server or OH2 needed more time to install all addons?!

I just retested this with the openHAB 2.0 release version (with openhab-addons-2.0.0.kar and with openhab-addons-legacy-2.0.0.kar in the addons folder) and got the same behavior.

It does take some time to install bindings and I usually restart OH after installing a new binding or wiping my cache to make sure it comes up clean. I usually see all sorts of exceptions in the logs when I wipe my cache and all the bindings reinstall and I’ve not spent the time to research what exactly is going on yet.