Not receiving notifications from my openhab.org

I have not received a notification since April 7. I have created a test button that triggers a notification to my device at every state change. I have put the openhabcloud service into debug level logging. When I trigger the test button the log claims no connection to the cloud service

[io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - No connection, notification is not sent

However a pushover notification in the same rule works which tells me the rule is working. Also, although the log claims there is no connection when it tries to sent a notification, the Event Log on my Openhab Cloud account is being updated. And my local log is not complaining about no connection. I am also able to send a notification to my phone from the myopenhab.org website.
here’s the rule:

rule “Testbed”
when
Item Test_Button changed
then
sendNotification("me@gmail.com", “Test Button Pressed”)
//sendBroadcastNotification (“Test Button Pressed”)
pushsafer(“My private key removed for safety”, “Test Button pressed”, “Test”, “my userid”,"","","")
logInfo(“Test Button”, “Rule triggered”)
end

[DEBUG] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Sending update ‘ON’ for item ‘WZ_Motion’
How can there be a connection to post Event Logs but not a connection for Notifications?

I’m using Openhab2.1 on a RaspberryPi3 with an ethernet connection and no other network interfaces active. I have restarted my RPi multiple times as well as restarting just the Openhab service.
I noticed that on the “Devices” page my iPhone was last seen a number of months ago. So I changed the password on the webpage, then changed it on my phone and the date was updated to today. But still no notifications and the same debug messages about no connection.

I have no idea where to go from here. There is a connection to the cloud service as evidenced by the Event Log but the Notification service can’t use it, or doesn’t recognize it.