Notice to all openHABian users: Please apply a fix asap!

You would have it if you would have installed openhabian. Maybe you did install openhab on your on your pi which hab already an os on it. In this case you don’t have that.

To be honest, i’m not realy understood the answer.

I have installed openhab2 on raspbian operating system. There is no command openhabian-config available.

What to do?

Since you have not installed openhabian (which is a package of raspbian plus openhab) your system does not have this command and this thread does not apply to you.

1 Like

Friend I installed all now openHABian no longer sees my sitemap file despite this is existing … error … not found sitemap

This is probably unrelated. Please open a new thread and describe the problem in more detail. Thanks

same problem. the app popsup a “not acceptable” message.

everything worked fine for more than 1 month before appling this update, sound like its related

UPDATE:
after one more reboot and 10 minutes myhopenhab.org resyinced and everything works now.

Hi Tom

Today I made an update of the openhabian config tool because I wanted to upgrade to 2.1 on my PI2, and got this:

│ Attention: It was brought to our attention that the old openHABian │
│ ua-netinst based image has a problem with a lately updated Linux package. │
│ If you upgrade(d) the package ‘raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel’ your │
│ Raspberry Pi will run into a Kernel Panic upon reboot! │
│ │
│ Do not Upgrade, do not Reboot! │
│ │
│ A preliminary solution is to not upgrade the system (via the Upgrade menu │
│ entry or ‘apt upgrade’) or to modify a configuration file. In the long run │
│ we would recommend to switch over to the new openHABian Raspbian based │
│ system image! This error message will keep reapearing even after you fixed │
│ the issue at hand. │
│ Please find all details regarding the issue and the resolution of it at: │
https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/issues/147

I read through the thread at github, but I have absolutely no idea what you guys talking about and I´m afraid, that I break my working system.

I wanted to make a backup of my openhab folders via WinSPC (cope them on my windows desktop) but it says permission denied so I don´t have a backup solution. Mayby just copy the whole SD card? But then it would have the same behaviour if I just clone it if I am right.

Thx
Daniel

No need to do that. Just check out the last answer by me: Boot up fails with Kernel panic after upgrade (ua-netinst) · Issue #147 · openhab/openhabian · GitHub

No need for winscp, you can access everything via samba and the “openhab-share” named share. There is also a README telling you a few things about permissions…

In general the solution is pretty simple and always similar:
Your user doesn’t have access to certain files. Makes sense because of security reasons. However at times you need access to them. Well that is why the Linux world gave us elevated rights and the sudo command. Just make them available for you.
My recommendation for a backup of various files would be to copy all of them (using sudo if needed) to one “Backup” folder, then make this folder owned by your user, then copy it.

Also check out http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html#backup-and-restore

Hello Tom

THX for your reply.

So to make the update to 2.1 I first have to execute the command:
sudo apt-mark hold raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel

After that, I can make the 2.1 upgrade and all should be fine?

I´m not very good in understandig what an why I do things in the console, that was the reason for WinSPC.

I read the backup and restore manual, but if i understnd i right, the backup is on the same SD Card as the whole system?

Yesterday I tried to clone my card with win32 but the new card doesen´t work. Maybe this was a size issue. Will check that today.

THX
Daniel

The problem is not really related to openHAB but to the base system (ua-netinst).
After executing the mentioned command you should be safe o upgrade openHAB and continue working with the system. You should still consider switching over soon!

The backup will then be on the same SD card but in one folder and with permissions as you need them. Next you could copy them to another place. That could be a USB stick or a network share. That’s up to you, the possibilities are endless :smiley:
If you want to avoid the Linux world check out Duplicati. It’s a software you install on your Windows PC and it will do scheduled backups of your openHAB system via the samba share “openHAB-share”.

Hello Tom

ah ok. After the upgrade I´m still on ua-netinst?

Ok then I have to start from scratch am I right?

THX
Daniel

Correct :wink:

Hello Tom

so I have to start from scratch with no Items, no rules, no habpanel.

Not that funny but ok.

Thx for your patience

No of course not. Please read the above again. You just have to take copies of your configuration, move them to a safe location, install openHABian anew, bring the configuration back in place.

Just like with every other software out there.

Remember to check out http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html#backup-and-restore -> this document should explain everything.

Thank you Tom

got my Rpi3 today and will try it this weekend.

I read the docs but as I mentioned above, as an amateur everything is much easier in the shiny world of drag and drop from windows than on the dark side of the console :smiley:

THX
Daniel

Hello

I made my backup as suggested in the tutorial. Then I tried to cope the whole backup folder to my windows machine vie WINspc …
I have no idea how I should copy this backup to somewhere else.

This rally drives me crazy.

I need to copy it to another sd card, because I want to installl openhabian all new on a new sd card on a Rpi3.

THX

@Daniel_OH as much as I’d like to help, I can’t give a complete Linux 101 course here. I’m sure you’ll be able to do all steps needed by the help of Tutorials on the internet.

Here’s what you want to do:

• Copy your configuration files from /etc/openhab2 and /var/lib/openhab2 to a place you have access to. If you chose to access your system via WinSCP your home folder, either /home/pi or /home/openhabian.
  • Retrieve these files via WinSCP. In case of permission issues, make these files your property: sudo chown -R pi /home/pi or sudo chown -R openhabian /home/openhabian
  • Install a fresh system
  • Copy the files back to your new home via WinSCP
  • Move all files back as suggested in the “Restore” part of the documentation
  • Fix the permissions for these files so they are owned by the right user (as shown in the Restore documentation)
  • Restart openHAB (sudo systemctl restart openhab2.service)

That should be it. Good luck!

Hello Tom

Thank you for your patience.

As mechanical engineer I´m more the hardware guy. :slight_smile:

Regards
Daniel

1 Like

Hello

I installed openhabian 2.1 a new RPI3 with a new SD Card. Everything looked ok, I got all the UIs etc.
Then i restored my Backuo and everything still looks ok but the bindings dont look installed and i can´t install them via paper ui. If I look into the logs i get the following:

2017-07-25 21:04:08.771 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-binding-amazondashbutton, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-knx1, openhab-binding-onkyo, openhab-binding-zwave’: Error

Maybe someone expierienced the same and can help me?

THX

Patience. They will be installed, just takes a few minutes depending on your downlink.