Nuki bridge does nto work without internet: OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unauthorized

For the last days we had an internet outage.
While most of my smart home continued working the Nukis which are integrated through the Nuki bridge stopped working. Once the internet was back again the bridge came back online.
Has anyone else experienced something like that?

In the logs I find the following message

2023-05-27 01:00:51.778 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'nuki:bridge:nb1' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unauthorized
2023-05-27 13:40:56.752 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'nuki:bridge:nb1' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unauthorized to ONLINE

Ah crap. are Nukis online dependent?

From the desceiption is not really clear what’s going on but if I had to guess, I’d say it might be related to secure token and time not being synchronized between Nuki and openHAB. It’s mentioned in the binding documentation - Nuki - Bindings | openHAB. Next time try turning secure token off and see if it helps.

No - I could control them through the app which uses Bluetooth like the bridge.
There must be something else going on

Good point and it sounds plausible. I have not checked that because there was no error 403.
I would have expected to have one of those in the thing description or in the openhab.log.
Also I run a ntp server so I would have expected that the bridge gets the time from there but who knows … :man_shrugging:

Edit:
I found this feature request which shows that the bridge does not use a local ntp server.
So your guess was spot on! :+1:

I’ll investigate further during the next outage :wink: