Null Values from Astro-Binding for Sunset, Sunrise etc

Hello Community,

i switched to the latest openhab 2.2 snapshot (from 2.12.2017) because i needed the actual zwave binding for a new device i bought.
Unfortunatly now Values from the Astro-Binding, which i use to decide if its dark or not, now delivers null values. I now checked different things but i didnt found a solution, so i start thie topic.

feature:list for astro binding delivers

bundle:list for astro binding delivers

For testingI created an item via item-file from the astro-binding examples

A rule shell outputting the Sunrise-Value

The output of this example is

Any Ideas?

Did you create or accept the home Thing from the Inbox?

Hello,

astro binding worked (on oh 2.1) before switching to 2.2.-snapshot with openhabian.config.
I also tried to delete all related items, things and even uninstalled the astro binding and i reinstalled astro-binding from paperui. i discovered and added the things of astro-binding via habmin tool.
it is marked as online.

Please check if these times are really there. a my location i had the problem, that there is by definition no night. You could check all time for your location by using: http://suncalc.net/

Hello,

as i mentioned it worked in oh 2.1. And we have real day and night here. Coordinates are of course configured in astro-binding. In my case 52.0,6.9

regards
Matthias

Do you ever see anything from the Astro binding? For example, you should see Scheduled Astro event-jobs for thing astro:home when OH starts (or if you were using .things files when you touch the .things file).

You should also see these log statements a little after midnight when Astro calculates the times for the new day.

This was a problem with 2.1 but 2.2 fix it for all the users who reported problems. This is what is so puzzling.

Hi,

the only log entry i found is that:
[thome.binding.astro.internal.job.Job] - Scheduled Astro event-jobs for thing astro:sun:ec61a296

this logentry comes when restarting oh. But no one at midnight.

kind regards
Matthias

OK, then. It appears your problem is that you do not have an astro:sun:home Thing but an astro:sun:ec61a296 Thing.

Look in PaperUI to make sure the lat/long for that Thing makes sense. If it does change your Item to use

channel="astro:sun:ec61a296:rise#start"

Or create a new Thing named astro:sun:home.

Hi Rich,

its curious,

I double checked configuration of my thing, made in paperui. The config is then stored in jsondb.

But now i found an addtional strange log message when starting regarding astro binding

To be sure, i also manually created a thing file and added an astro thing in it as described in astro-binding documentation.

so my entry in .thing file is

And my item for this thing is:

And for this binding i also get the same error as mentioned above with the thing added by paperui

Seem that there are addtional problems with a data type called ZoneDateTime…?

I provide the full stack at the end of this post

regards
Mathias

07:39:43.612 [ERROR] [home.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing 'astro:sun:home': java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType.<init>(Ljava/time/ZonedDateTime;)V
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType.<init>(Ljava/time/ZonedDateTime;)V
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:206) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.callAsynchronous(SafeMethodCaller.java:199) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:88) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:72) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.doInitializeHandler(ThingManager.java:639) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.initializeHandler(ThingManager.java:574) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.registerAndInitializeHandler(ThingManager.java:961) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.thingAdded(ThingManager.java:369) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl.notifyTrackers(ThingRegistryImpl.java:213) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl.notifyListenersAboutAddedElement(ThingRegistryImpl.java:132) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl.notifyListenersAboutAddedElement(ThingRegistryImpl.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractRegistry.added(AbstractRegistry.java:136) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractRegistry.added(AbstractRegistry.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractProvider.notifyListeners(AbstractProvider.java:56) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractProvider.notifyListeners(AbstractProvider.java:74) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractProvider.notifyListenersAboutAddedElement(AbstractProvider.java:78) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider.lambda$21(GenericThingProvider.java:903) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1257) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider.createThingsFromModelForThingHandlerFactory(GenericThingProvider.java:906) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider.lambda$3(GenericThingProvider.java:299) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider.createThingsFromModel(GenericThingProvider.java:301) [151:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing:0.9.0.201711242229]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider.modelChanged(GenericThingProvider.java:715) [151:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing:0.9.0.201711242229]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.notifyListeners(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:314) [134:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.201711242229]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.addOrRefreshModel(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:127) [134:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.201711242229]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.checkFile(FolderObserver.java:247) [134:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.201711242229]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.processIgnoredFiles(FolderObserver.java:141) [134:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.201711242229]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.addModelParser(FolderObserver.java:88) [134:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.201711242229]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod.invokeMethod(BaseMethod.java:229) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod.access$500(BaseMethod.java:39) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod$Resolved.invoke(BaseMethod.java:650) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod.invoke(BaseMethod.java:506) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BindMethod.invoke(BindMethod.java:658) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.doInvokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:1722) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.invokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:1699) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.invokeBindMethod(SingleComponentManager.java:372) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:320) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:291) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1215) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1136) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:945) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:881) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:1167) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator$ListenerInfo.serviceChanged(BundleComponentActivator.java:127) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:109) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:915) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:862) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:801) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:127) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:225) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:464) [?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:887) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:874) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegistrationManager.changeRegistration(RegistrationManager.java:132) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager.java:941) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:741) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enableInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:675) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enable(AbstractComponentManager.java:430) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ConfigurableComponentHolder.enableComponents(ConfigurableComponentHolder.java:657) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.initialEnable(BundleComponentActivator.java:341) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:390) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.access$200(Activator.java:54) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.start(Activator.java:265) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.utils.extender.AbstractExtender.createExtension(AbstractExtender.java:254) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.utils.extender.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:227) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:482) [?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:415) [?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:232) [?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.bundleChanged(BundleTracker.java:444) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:903) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEventPrivileged(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:213) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:120) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:112) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor.publishModuleEvent(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:156) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.publishEvent(Module.java:476) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:467) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1620) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1600) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1571) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1514) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType.<init>(Ljava/time/ZonedDateTime;)V
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.util.PropertyUtils.getState(PropertyUtils.java:60) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.handler.AstroThingHandler.publishChannelIfLinked(AstroThingHandler.java:156) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.handler.AstroThingHandler.publishPlanet(AstroThingHandler.java:139) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.handler.SunHandler.publishPositionalInfo(SunHandler.java:61) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.handler.SunHandler.publishDailyInfo(SunHandler.java:53) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.job.DailyJobSun.run(DailyJobSun.java:50) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.handler.AstroThingHandler.restartJobs(AstroThingHandler.java:183) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.handler.AstroThingHandler.initialize(AstroThingHandler.java:108) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$6.call(ThingManager.java:642) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$6.call(ThingManager.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller$CallableWrapper.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:186) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) ~[?:?]

Hello together,

i now decided to update again to the latest snapshot (2.2.0 build 1112).
And with this release the error is gone :-):smiley::smiley:
But thnx for support.

kind regards
Matthias

Glad you got it working.

In the future, it is a lot easier for us if you use copy and pasted in text with code fences rather than screen-shots unless there is something that cannot be represented with just the text.

When I’m reading on my phone, screenshots are completely illegible. Similarly, screenshots cannot be searched so other users who search on the same Exception would not come across this posting (you pasted it in at the end of your posting so that wouldn’t be the case here but you get the point).

It is weird the error just went away. I’m not aware of any changes that occurred recently that would have impacted this, but I am glad it is working for you now.