Number formatting (thousands separator)

Oookay … so you have a fairly technical non-standard requirement ; and you can achieve that with a technical solution.
Doesn’t sound like a reason to mess up other people’s defaults.

that is not requirement, that’s just general suggestion how it might be done.
it might be quite confusing (as was for me) when you configure OH locale properly but nothing really happends … :wink:

anyway again, only suggestion to think about eventually, if not no big deal really

I did leap to a conclusion that there was something unusual about your installation. So far as we know, it all works as advertised for other people. Mind you, maybe not many have home automation parameters in the thousands :wink:

I recon there is big chunk of people who have PVE on their roofs :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, but they might use kW or whatever.

In did this with little effect. Is this supposed to work with 2.4.0?

I dont see the .format properties.

dunno really, Iam running 2.5.1 snapshot and as @rossko57 pointed before it looks like it’s not part of 2.4

So, @kriznik you are not the only one.
I am running OH 2.5.5 in a Docker Container and i dont know how to change the country variable.

i tried the following in my docker-compose.yml

environment:
      OPENHAB_HTTP_PORT: "8090"
      OPENHAB_HTTPS_PORT: "8453"
      EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS: "-Duser.country=DE"
      EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS: "-Duser.timezone=Europe/Berlin"

but sadly that doesnt work. The Karaf Console always show “user.country=US”

any advice?

Just in case this is still relevant 2 years after your post: I had the same problem and managed to solve it. See here for a description of what I did.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint! I actually switched from OH in a Docker Container to a dedicated Linux VM with openhabian because of a few USB-Forwarding problems. But I am sure you will still help people with your linked solution

Just in case you ever (have to / want to) change back: I’m not a pro, but OH can be run by now on docker with two USB devices (Z-Wave- and Wireless M-Bus-stick) pretty smoothly without major problems (but with the expected benefits of being on docker). There’s only one problem (related to a NRJavaSerial-bug) with the Z-Wave stick, which I managed to work around with hints in this thread.