NZW30S from Inovelli not a recognized Z-Wave device

How do I use the latest version of the binding while being on 2.3?

I am running Mac OSX btw.

Thanks,

Dan

Uninstall the 2.3 zwave binding, download the 2.4 snapshot, put it in your addons folder, restart openHAB. Don’t forget to delete all Things and readd them.
You may need to install the serial transport dependency manually (lot of threads about this in the forum).

Any Ideas? I placed the .jar file in the /addons directory.

00:54:40.642 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/Users/macmini3/Desktop/openhab-2.3.0/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [232]
Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type=“osgi.bundle”; version:Version=“2.4.0.201810181356”; osgi.identity=“org.openhab.binding.zwave”; singleton:=“true”

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

Wrong addons folder, see here for file locations:

Or you did not uninstall the 2.3 binding …

I am currently running OH on Mac OS, this is the only addons directory I see in the folder.

If i go to add addons, I see ZWave as Install not uninstall in Paper UI, but when I go to Configuration -> Bindings, I do see a Zwave binding, so I am assuming this means it was loaded from the addons/ dir.

I am able to add z-wave items, but still seeing that error in the logs. The NZW30 is still Unknown Device.

Manually added bindings through the addons folder are not shown as “installed” in PaperUI.

Check through karaf which binding is active:

openhab> bundle:list | grep ZWave
248 x Active   x  80 x 2.4.0.201810010846     x ZWave Binding

Looks like we are good. When I was referring to Paper UI showing not installed, I was confirming that 2.3 was uninstalled.

Still Unknown Device :frowning:

Post the nodes xml file in your userdata/zwave folder.

Despite the fact you have two snapshot bindings installed.
Maybe clearing the cache may help.

Now I am only seeing 2.4 as Installed but not Active. How can I make this one active now?

Okay got that fixed by installing a feature: Try to Modify zwave binding and install new JAR in the addons directory (that fails gnu.io can not be resolved)

So just re-included the switch, and selected it from the add new thing, but it instantly shows as:
OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR.

I only have a few z wave devices, does this sound like a range issue? As I can pair it with the Aeotec, but maybe its not reaching the switch now? Its the floor below me and about ~35 feet in horizontal difference from the usb stick.

Thanks

<node>
  <deviceClass>
    <basicDeviceClass>SLAVE</basicDeviceClass>
    <genericDeviceClass>MULTILEVEL_SWITCH</genericDeviceClass>
    <specificDeviceClass>MOTOR_CONTROL_CLASS_A</specificDeviceClass>
  </deviceClass>
  <homeId>0xfd83ffe0</homeId>
  <nodeId>12</nodeId>
  <version>4</version>
  <manufacturer>0x47</manufacturer>
  <deviceId>0x5405</deviceId>
  <deviceType>0x5a52</deviceType>
  <listening>true</listening>
  <frequentlyListening>false</frequentlyListening>
  <routing>false</routing>
  <security>false</security>
  <beaming>false</beaming>
  <maxBaudRate>40000</maxBaudRate>
  <nodeInformationFrame>
    <commandClass>SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF</commandClass>
    <commandClass>MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass>
    <commandClass>SWITCH_MULTILEVEL</commandClass>
    <commandClass>BASIC</commandClass>
    <commandClass>SWITCH_BINARY</commandClass>
    <commandClass>SCENE_ACTIVATION</commandClass>
    <commandClass>VERSION</commandClass>
  </nodeInformationFrame>
  <supportedCommandClasses>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>SWITCH_BINARY</commandClass>
      <binarySwitchCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
        <versionSupported>1</versionSupported>
        <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported>
      </binarySwitchCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass>
      <manufacturerSpecificCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
        <versionSupported>2</versionSupported>
        <initSerialNumber>false</initSerialNumber>
        <deviceManufacturer>71</deviceManufacturer>
        <deviceType>23122</deviceType>
        <deviceId>21509</deviceId>
      </manufacturerSpecificCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF</commandClass>
      <sceneActuatorConfigurationCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
      </sceneActuatorConfigurationCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>NO_OPERATION</commandClass>
      <noOperationCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
      </noOperationCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>VERSION</commandClass>
      <versionCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
        <libraryType>LIB_CONTROLLER_BRIDGE</libraryType>
        <protocolVersion>3.42</protocolVersion>
        <applicationVersion>1.8</applicationVersion>
      </versionCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>BASIC</commandClass>
      <basicCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
      </basicCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>SCENE_ACTIVATION</commandClass>
      <sceneActivationCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
      </sceneActivationCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>SWITCH_MULTILEVEL</commandClass>
      <multiLevelSwitchCommandClass>
        <version>3</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
        <versionSupported>3</versionSupported>
        <switchTypePrimary>DOWN_UP</switchTypePrimary>
        <switchTypeSecondary>DOWN_UP</switchTypeSecondary>
      </multiLevelSwitchCommandClass>
    </entry>
  </supportedCommandClasses>
  <securedCommandClasses/>
  <associationGroups/>
  <nodeNeighbors>
    <int>1</int>
  </nodeNeighbors>
  <lastSent>2018-10-16 22:12:47.709 UTC</lastSent>
  <lastReceived>2018-10-16 22:12:47.933 UTC</lastReceived>
</node>

That is not a NZW30S, that is something different:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/370

Oh I must have included the incorrect node, how can I match up the files in userdata/zwave to the openhab Things?

Node numbers in Things and file are the same.

That’s odd, that is how I found this file above, but It looks like I somehow got the wrong “Thing”. I will try again once I am on the home network again.

Thanks

NODE 12: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known.

This is from the logs once I start searching.

<node> <deviceClass> <basicDeviceClass>SLAVE</basicDeviceClass> <genericDeviceClass>MULTILEVEL_SWITCH</genericDeviceClass> <specificDeviceClass>MOTOR_CONTROL_CLASS_A</specificDeviceClass> </deviceClass> <homeId>0xfd83ffe0</homeId> <nodeId>12</nodeId> <version>4</version> <manufacturer>0x47</manufacturer> <deviceId>0x5405</deviceId> <deviceType>0x5a52</deviceType> <listening>true</listening> <frequentlyListening>false</frequentlyListening> <routing>false</routing> <security>false</security> <beaming>false</beaming> <maxBaudRate>40000</maxBaudRate> <nodeInformationFrame> <commandClass>SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF</commandClass> <commandClass>MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass> <commandClass>SWITCH_MULTILEVEL</commandClass> <commandClass>BASIC</commandClass> <commandClass>SWITCH_BINARY</commandClass> <commandClass>SCENE_ACTIVATION</commandClass> <commandClass>VERSION</commandClass> </nodeInformationFrame> <supportedCommandClasses> <entry> <commandClass>SWITCH_BINARY</commandClass> <binarySwitchCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <versionSupported>1</versionSupported> <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported> </binarySwitchCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass> <manufacturerSpecificCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <versionSupported>2</versionSupported> <initSerialNumber>false</initSerialNumber> <deviceManufacturer>71</deviceManufacturer> <deviceType>23122</deviceType> <deviceId>21509</deviceId> </manufacturerSpecificCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF</commandClass> <sceneActuatorConfigurationCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <versionSupported>1</versionSupported> </sceneActuatorConfigurationCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>NO_OPERATION</commandClass> <noOperationCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <versionSupported>1</versionSupported> </noOperationCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>VERSION</commandClass> <versionCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <versionSupported>1</versionSupported> <libraryType>LIB_CONTROLLER_BRIDGE</libraryType> <protocolVersion>3.42</protocolVersion> <applicationVersion>1.8</applicationVersion> </versionCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>BASIC</commandClass> <basicCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <versionSupported>1</versionSupported> <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported> </basicCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>SCENE_ACTIVATION</commandClass> <sceneActivationCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <versionSupported>1</versionSupported> </sceneActivationCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>SWITCH_MULTILEVEL</commandClass> <multiLevelSwitchCommandClass> <version>3</version> <instances>1</instances> <versionSupported>3</versionSupported> <switchTypePrimary>DOWN_UP</switchTypePrimary> <switchTypeSecondary>DOWN_UP</switchTypeSecondary> <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported> </multiLevelSwitchCommandClass> </entry> </supportedCommandClasses> <securedCommandClasses/> <associationGroups/> <nodeNeighbors> <int>1</int> </nodeNeighbors> <lastSent>2018-10-16 22:12:47.709 UTC</lastSent> <lastReceived>2018-10-16 22:12:47.933 UTC</lastReceived> </node>

Here is node12.xml file

Thanks

As I said before, that is not a NZW30S, that is a https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/370

Do you even own that ZRTSI-VNODE?