Official Alexa Smart Home Skill for openHAB 2

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you. All working now without any extra bits of language code

Alexa had trouble with ‘Knits’ in your example. She thinks I say two minutes and sets a timer. Doh! So, I changed it to Woolens :grinning:

For my blinds, open, close, raise and lower all work.

The work around for the lack of an Alexa Stop command for blinds is working and totally handled by openHAB without an Alexa routine. I used both mode and range controllers to do it.

Or I should say it could be fully handled by openHAB. However, to stop a blind I have to say ‘Set blind to stop’ …hmmmm … its a bit clunky

To make it more natural I did create an Alexa routine for ‘Stop blind’ voice command

So, it all works with less code now.

Here is the code for others. It may need a bit more more tidying!

items

Group OfficeTest "Office test blind" {alexa="Endpoint.Other"}
String OfficeBlindStop "Stop office blind" (OfficeTest) {alexa="ModeController.mode" [supportedModes="STOP=STOP,UP=UP, DOWN=DOWN"]} //, could use this instead of command in rule >>>  expire="5s,command=STOPPED"
Rollershutter OfficeBlinds "Office blinds" (OfficeTest) {alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [category="EXTERIOR_BLIND",supportedRange="0:100:10", unitOfMeasure="Percent", actionMappings="Close=100,Open=0,Lower=(+10),Raise=(-10)"], channel="openwebnet:bus_automation:Screen10:55:shutter" }
rule "STOP BLIND"
when 
    Item OfficeBlindStop changed to 'STOP'
then
    OfficeBlinds.sendCommand(STOP)
    Thread::sleep(1000)
    OfficeBlindStop.postUpdate('STOPPED')
end

I elaborated more for the particular blinds binding I am using here:

Now I will test room awareness.