Official Alexa Smart Home Skill for openHAB 2

Will the skill in the future be able to get Alexa to speak to you? I.e. The temperature in Living room is 21 degree and in bathroom it is 22 degree or similar.

If I enable this skill I need to deactive the HUE emulator since it uses the exact same syntax right, and delete all my smart devices in the alexa app and rerun the discovery?

What is currently the benefit of the skill vs the HUE emulator?

I’ve exactly the same questions.
I think HUE isn’t able to get the temperature.

As the alexa skill worked quiet unreliable the last days I switched back to HUE. But now I get lots of duplicate items in http://alexa.amazon.de ->Smart Home.
I fear that just deactivating the skill doesn’t remove everything? Or how can items duplicate, even when I delete all items and make a fresh discovery?

Having a number of problems getting this to work on a brand new OH2 install (OpenHabian)
I have another thread open about MyOpenHab.org not seeing any of my devices but thought another issue/misunderstanding might better be handled in this thread.

Was not clear to me in this Alexa Skills original post as to whether or not HomeKit Integration Service needs to be installed and configured in OH2 or just make sure to include tags as seen in HomeKit setups.

I am at a total loss as to why I cant get my Alexa working with a clean OH2 setup and I only added 5 total Z-Wave dimmers items and configured them via .items file (example)

Dimmer Kitchen_Lights "Kitchen" <light> [ "Lighting" ] {channel="zwave:device:15a5de49c6a:node4:switch_dimmer" }

They work via the Paper UI interface I just cant get Alexa (or MyOpenHab) to see these devices

UGH!!! I need a :beer:

No.

Yes.

@digitaldan Hi Dan,
I’ve problems with my alexa, as I switched from the Smart Home Skill back to HUE emulation. (HUE emulation works more reliable at the moment and I’m going to swich back when this myopenhab works more stable).
But now I’ve lots of duplicated items in my amazon alexa page. Even when I clear all items on this page a make acompletly new discovery. There should be 58 item, but alexa always finds 77. This 19 items are duplicates. Because of this duplication these items are not switchable anymore. alexa says she doesn’t know which one to switch.
Do you know this phenomenon and how to get rid of it?
Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Michael

Did you remove the openHAB skill in your Alexa app ? If not please do so, otherwise you will not get rid of your duplicates.

This works great for me. Thank you.
But the rollershutter-items can’t seem to discover on Alexa. My items like below

Rollershutter LRoomCurtain “Livingroom Curtain” (gLRoom, gCurtain) [“Switchable”]

Not supported yet. Workaround:

I am unable to get my account to link to the skill. I either get a wrong password error or a 504 timeout.

Its been like this for days, getting on for a week.
I can log into the myopenhab and control my items but this just wont link.

Anyone else suffering this? any ideas on how to solve it?

Hello Guys,

I think im lost somehow.

I have some ZWave valves and temperature sensors and i tried to use the tagging as per the examples here.

Only the [“TargetTemperature”] is discoverable, the [“CurrentTemperature”] is not.

Am i doing something wrong here?

deleted, as I wanted to reply to hmark

Yes, I removed the skill before my discoveries.
I don’t get rid of the duplicates … this is quite anoying, as some of the items are now not switchable anymore :frowning:

@staehler67
Just to make sure, did you delete the discovered devices and start a rediscovery ?
It then should show the HUE emulated devices only.

I’ve found the error … I had a habridge running, which startet at the last reboot automatically. I assume that this habridge responded to the discovery as well and duplicated my items. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi,

great stuff, and somehow I got it running…at least from time to time. It took me 4-5 times until Alexa discovered the devices (6 thermostats). Changing the temperature works maybe 1 out of 5 times. Most often it times out and says it doesn’t get a response (sometimes I can see the event happen in my logs, but still it timed out).

Is this a known issue? Is there something I can debug where the bottle neck is? Made a traceroute to the myopenhab server and this seems fine (10 hops, 25ms from Kabeldeutschland to the FFM linode server).

Thanks
Siedi

At least that is a known issue for the last two or three weeks.
Unfortunately that combination is not working reliable at the moment … almost unusable.

can’t register the skill with my user and password from myopenhab.org, tells me unknown user or password.
Passwordreset in the skill window tells me unknown email, but registering in the skill window tells me email already in use.

Login via browser on myopenhab.org works like it should.

any hints are welcome :wink:

Maybe your are using the wrong account?

skill username/password: amazon username/password
myopenhab username/password: myopenhab username/password

Hi,

Glad you got it “sort of” working.

I have a new OpenHAB2 installation which is working mainly to control some MQTT lights and contact statuses of doors. I also completed the RPi DIY Echo device (Alexa + Alsa mixer + Wake Word Agent working together to answer basic questions)

Quick question: How do I get my OpenHAB2 devices (lights which all have correct syntax for Alexa Skill TAGs) discovered by Alexa. None of the attempts thus far discover any… I also used [“Switchable”] on one as a test, but no changes?

I am having exactly the same issue, I have not been able to solve this for over a week.
@sihui no combination of user id’s or passwords worked for me.