Official Google Assistant Integration for openHAB

I guess what I was thinking about was someting similar to the manual setup described here

It would remove the dependency on the myopenhab.org being up

Google Assistant stopped working for me I believe two days ago (Nov. 12). I’ve restarted the server a few times, and the openhab log shows no errors and indicates the cloud service is connecting fine. All openhab functions operate normally using the UI (and the event log/device status on myopenhab.org are updated appropriately using the UI). But when using Google Home, it responds with “sorry, I can’t reach openhab right now”.

It’s been working fine since the release of the integration, and I’ve made no openhab configuration changes for months. Any ideas? Thanks.

1 Like

I have the same problem since monday evening.
myopenhab.org shows “online” but I can’t open the sidemap over Remote-Url in Openhab and Openhab Beta Android-App or over the home.myopenhab.org Website. Google Assistant don’t work or switchs one of 5 lamps in a room.
In Lokal Network the Apps and Website works fine.

Is it only a Server Problem or can I do something on my Openhabian Installation?

Thanks

Hi all,

I have dimmer and switch items and used [ “Lighting” ] for them and was able to say e.g. “turn lights off” and all the lighting items were switched off. Yesterday I changed my settings so that the switch items are [ “Switchable” ] and lights connected to plugs are [ “Outlet” ]. Problem is that saying “turn lights off” now only turns off the remaining [ “Lighting” ] items, not the switch or outlet :roll_eyes:

I found on Reddit that you can actually rename the items tagged with “switchable” or “outlet” to something like “Kitchen Light” (“Lumière cuisine” in French in my case) in Goggle Assistant and it will now also consider this outlet or switch as a lighting.

I don’t know if this has already been posted here but I just found that super cool :blush:

1 Like

Hello, I m also having a connection issue since 2-3 days between google home and myopenhab ;
Symptom : google home is saying that it can’t contact openhab when I ask for an openhab action
Tests done :
Access myopenhab OK
Restart Openhab OK
Ask google home to synchronize --> google home is saying that it can’t contact openhab
Dissociate Openhab from google home
Reassociate Openhab --> log to myopenhab --> click in allow --> error message : impossible to update the parameter, verify your connexion.

Do you have some idea about this issue ?

Maybe? related to:

1. Remote Access is slow
  2. Is home.myopenhab.org down?
  3. Long delay in rest command to myopenhab
1 Like

Just to let you know… It´s working like a charme! Again, thanks alot… I would never have figured this myself.

1 Like

I have kind of similar issues:

• Google home was saying that it cant reach openhab
  • Myopenhab.org was reporting “Online” status and push notifications were working correctly, however remote access to dashboard via desktop (https://home.myopenhab.org/start/index) or Android app resulted in 504 gateway timeout or corrupted page (html without images and CSS)

So I tried:

• Completely deleting myopenhab.org account + unlinking it from Google
  • Completely wiping openhab installation (apt purge openhab2) and reinstalling + restoring /etc/openhab2 folder from backup (git)
  • Reconfigure everything…
  • Linking openhab back to MyOpenHab.org
  • Linking MyOpenHab.org back to Google (after like 20 tries because of the stupid message “Couldn’t update the settings. Check your connection.”)

Everything seems to be working for few minutes and then I stared getting 504 from MyOpenHab again and Google was unable to reach openhab yet again…
In openhab logs is nothing - Very frustrating…

My friend (which is also running his home on openhab) is also reporting slowdowns between Google and his openhab instance - but just huge delays - it still works.

Is there any way for me to debug it?

Any one can give a status report on what is going on? And if we can help in any way?!

Thank you

1 Like

There is currently a temporary problem with the myopenhab.org platform that causes these timeouts
It’s a pity that you went through all this trouble to re-setup your system :frowning:

We are all expecting the issues to be resolved soon. The team is working on them as we speak.

Dan fixed it :slight_smile:

It’s working very fast now for me!

3 Likes

I have a problem with thermostat on Google Smart Hub. On Google Home android app the thermostat shows the mode (it is set using numbers: 0- Off, 1-Heating, 2- Cooling) correct. On smarthub it shows unsupported mode. I tried also with string to set the mode but it is not working. Do anyone have this problem?

Hi Marius,
I see the same behavior you are describin, but I wondered if it is not rather a Google home hub problem…

Marius, there are some bugs in the way the binding handles thermostats, see my post higher up with screenshots about heat/cool mode not working properly. Assume it’s linked to that

Now working for me after having made a dissociation of openhab from google home, a restart of my server, and a reassociation.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,
Is it possible to control the thermostat mode without homekit? I use only Android mobile devices…
Thanks

Yes it´s possible.
You control it the same way with Android devices. Either by speak or by UI such as BasicUI or habpanel…

I’ve realized I have the same problem…

I have a question. I installed Openhab2 on my raspberry pi 3. That went OK.
I connected Openhab2 local to myopenhab by linking the secret key and uuid. That went ok.
I created a home.items file with to switches for my lights (Niko). That went OK.
I them connected Google Home to Openhab and my two switches showed up.
But when I try these switches I can turn them off and on but nothing happens with my lights.
Has someone an idea?

Regards,
Simon

From Saturday till now cloud connectivity with Google is down. There is some problems with servers?