OH 1.8.1 upgrade problems (Z-Wave & Nest Bindings) SOLVED

I had previously installed OH manually, but was able to upgrade using apt-get the other day. It appears that after upgrading from 1.7 to 1.8.1, my installation directory is now /etc/openhab and /usr/share/openhab. I copied all of the relevant files (I think), and am able to access my sitemap, but I believe something is up with a couple bindings.

My Z-Wave binding appears to be working, but I am seeing some log messages that were not previously present. This is from openhab.log:

[WARN ] [i.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Attempted to register a second BindingConfigReader of type 'zwave'. The primaraly reader will remain active!

and this is from my z-wave log (logback is set to Error right now):

2016-02-07 10:43:53.817 [ERROR] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController:467 ]- NODE 1: Restore from config: Error deserialising XML file. com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: No enum constant org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveDeviceClass.Generic.STATIC_CONTROLLER : No enum constant org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveDeviceClass.Generic.STATIC_CONTROLLER
---- Debugging information ----
message             : No enum constant org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveDeviceClass.Generic.STATIC_CONTROLLER
cause-exception     : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
cause-message       : No enum constant org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveDeviceClass.Generic.STATIC_CONTROLLER
class               : org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveDeviceClass$Generic
required-type       : org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveDeviceClass$Generic
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.enums.EnumConverter
path                : /node/deviceClass/genericDeviceClass
line number         : 4
class[1]            : org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveDeviceClass
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
class[2]            : org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode
version             : 1.4.6
-------------------------------

My Nest binding also appears to have freaked out, but I am not 100% sure it was good prior to upgrade (it had been maybe a week or two since I opened my OH sitemap. Logback is set to Error right now as well.

Prior to upgrade:
2016-02-06 15:06:29.612 ERROR o.o.b.n.internal.NestBinding[:352]- Error updating data model: DataModelResponse[devices=<null>,structures=<null>]

After upgrade:
ERROR o.o.b.n.internal.NestBinding[:622]- Error retrieving access token: AccessTokenResponse[accessToken=<null>,expiresIn=<null>,error=oauth2_error,errorDescription=authorization code not found]'

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Well, Nest is looking good now. I created a new PIN and updated my openhab.cfg with it.

You don’t have two copies of zwave running do you? (ie two zwave JAR files in the addons folder). This is what often causes the Attempted to register a second BindingConfigReader error…

1 Like

That was it, thank you @chris !