OH 2.0 Incorrect icon for "poweroutlet-au"

setting

icon="poweroutlet-au"

in sitemap, displays the wrong icon. Downloading the (correct) icon from GitHub provides the correct file which I put into /etc/openhab2/icons/classic But this didn’t display until I renamed it to poweroutletau without the “-” and changed the sitemap

OH2 has a problem with icons with “-” in the title where the part after the “-” doesn’t map to an item state.

To put it another way

icon="powersocketau" works with a copy of the icon renamed to "powersocketau" and placed in the /etc/openhab2/icons/classic folder
icon="powersocket-au" doesn't display the default icon "powersocket-au" and displays the default euro power socket instead

Just a minor bug, but thought I’d report it :wink:

Could you also post the GitHub URL please?

For dynamic icons to work you still need a powersocket.png (or svg) file in addition to the powersocket-au.png file. Have you got this? Then when the powersocket item changes state to au it ‘should’ work.

I also need to check, but all my dynamic icons are defined in my items file rather than the sitemap. Perhaps that has some influence?

https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/blob/master/extensions/ui/iconset/org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic/icons/poweroutlet-au.png
https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/blob/master/extensions/ui/iconset/org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic/icons/poweroutlet-au.svg

Its not a dynamic icon thing, and that is likely the problem. The “au” on the end refers to Australia
powersocket-au is an Australian Power Outlet
powersocket-uk is a UK Power Outlet
powersocket-eu is a European Power Outlet

Unless of course it picks up the location somewhere along the way and the sitemap should contain just

icon="powersocket"

They aren’t dynamic icons in this context as far as I’m aware, but they are named have dynamic icon naming. I have all my icons defined in sitemap, and the rest of them work so I suspect that isn’t the problem.
To workaround it I’ve put renamed icons into the /etc/openhab2/icons/classic folder

Fully agree. Here we go:

Btw. openHAB doesn’t have “a problem with icons with “-” in the title”, the dash simply has a special meaning and shouldn’t be part of the icon name (which it was for the mentioned icons).

1 Like