OH 3.0.0.m2 Echo control "Simon says"?

I am just trying Text to speech for the Echo control binding. When sending a command to the ‘textToSpeech’ channel, she complains about the “Simon says” skill.
So tried to install the the “Simon says” skill, but a search returned over 22000 results, which is not very helpful.

Any suggestions ?

Note: The ‘sendMessage’ works as expected.

What dou you mean with

?

Is a skill called simon says enabled (see skills in the alexa app)? Did you try to disable it?

Before I switched to google home I had no issues with TTS on alexa. Never heard of such a problem:/

I was looking for a skill with that name, because it was not installed. Due to the fact that a search for the skill returned more than 20k options, it was unclear what to install.
Strangely my test message (configured in a rule and triggered by a button) worked this morning (without any change and/or restart)
Then I changed the message to something else (longer, approx. 3 lines of text) and the same error again.
Changed back the message to the original text, it worked. Than only changed the last part of the message text and it still worked.

At this moment I cannot grasp the logic behind it. To be continued.

There is no skill required for the TTS.

Can you show us your item definition and rule?

The rule is very basic:

rule "rule zolderMsg"
when 
	Item vSwitchZolderMsg received update
then
	Echo_zolder_Announcement.sendCommand( 'The washing machine is finished' );
end

Strangely it now works without problems, also when changing the text. Maybe it was a problem at Amazon side when I was testing it.

I have the exact same issue since 2 or 3 days now. A test rule done in Main UI works, the text from a rules file when the washing machine has finished doesn’t work any more but makes Alexa talk about Simon Says.

Btw: It says “Simon Says EU” and Alexa talks in German.

Edit: If I read this forum correctly Test Adapter Alexa2 3.0.x (german language), Simon Says EU is the skill thats being used for TTS, so the issue might be with that one.

I had the same issue today (OH3.0.1). - also in German.
Simon says is not required for TTS as it was indicated above.
In my case I had a syntax issue for the TTS command:

Alexa_Text.sendCommand('<speak>Pulpo steht in der Garage.<break time="1s"/>Die Standheizung wird nicht aktiviert!‘')

<speak>

was missing at the end.

I have no clue though, why Alexa claims to need the Simon says Skill.
That must be a bug on amazon side :smiley: