OH 3.1 SNAPSHOT #2354 Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console.telegesis/1.3.10

I had exactly the same on 2350 when loading up today. Dropped a kar in for now to get round it

Stopped openhab and cleared cache but it still wanted to install the binding on restart (plus others in queue), where are these located so they can be removed? Did have a quick look but couldn’t find anything.

The cache file for the addons in somewhere in the userdata tree and is called addons.config Note the file extension. This is NOT addons.cfg in the CONF area.

Thanks @Bruce_Osborne, found it.
userdata/config/org/openhab/addons.config

1 Like

Stop OH before editing

1 Like

My REST interface is working again. I got it running again after removing the Metrics Service.

I have the slight feeling that the downloading issue seems to be related to the sunset of Bintray. More or less a problem of OH distro.

btw. the *.kar file helps for me too.

1 Like

Hm, that’s unfortunate. The reason for these problems is that our Artifactory no longer proxies the whole world of Maven Central (as this cause huge data transfer). We therefore need to host all our dependencies on Artifactory ourselves. Currently, everything for 3.0.2 is available there, but the milestone and snapshot builds have clearly evolved and require newer versions of libraries.
I will upload those with the M4 release today, so that the errors should go away. But we will have to think about a solution on the long run.
We explicitly didn’t configure openHAB distro to look for dependencies on Maven Central, so that we have under control, what we offer for download. But with more and more add-ons having various dependencies to Maven artifacts, this becomes more difficult. In the past when we had the clearly defined target platform that included all dependencies, it was much easier…

2 Likes

Zigbee dependency download should succeed now again.

My REST interface is working again. I got it running again after removing the Metrics Service .

@cweitkamp Was this every working for you? When I install that add-on (without any errors), my Main UI immediately disappears, so that openHAB becomes unusable. I doubt that it is related to download issues of this thread.

No, it didn’t. After fixing the missing dependency in openhab/openhab-core#2289 it looks like the REST API wasn’t starting anymore. Removing org.openhab.io.metrics it was working fine again.

MariaDB still is not working on M4:

Error downloading mvn:org.mariadb.jdbc/mariadb-java-client/1.4.6

Uploaded dependencies for mariadb and mysql. Tested installation of all persistence add-ons successfully on M4.

2 Likes

:+1:

Thank you very much. I hope there won’t be too much missing dependencies on Artifactory and users can enjoy using this milestone now.

2 Likes

I
I just setup an new openHAB. All Links towords openHAB 2 sems to be not reachable.

Download openHAB | openHAB no download availible

also I got this isue
2021-05-04 17:58:17.188 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-ui-restdocs, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-transformation-scale’: Error:

Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.transform.map/[2.5.0,2.6)

If I root the site in a Browser I got the message that this site is not reacheable.

Many Thanks
Maik

What version of OH are you trying to install? The subject of this thread is 3.1 SNAPSHOT 2354 which has been replaced with a newer version.

What method are you using to install?

Sry, then I will open a new Post

I installed openHAB 2.5.12 on a Synology NAS DS216j DSM 6.2.4.

My intesion was that generaly it seems that several Links are not runing at the moment.

Gentlemen, I had this issue today, updating to 3.1 SNAPSHOT 2433 - editing the addons.config and removing zigbee gave me a working openHAB instance, but re-adding it causes a repeatable error posted on this post

I upgraded to 3.1 Build #2434 and experienced the same error on a number of libraries related to the Zigbee binding.

2021-06-23 13:40:23.943 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-networkupstools, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-mail, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-evohome, openhab-ui-habot, openhab-b
inding-network, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-binding-zigbee, openhab-binding-shelly, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-roku, openhab-binding-ipcamera, openhab-binding-openwea
thermap, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-remoteopenhab': Error:
        Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/1.4.0
        Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531/1.4.0
        Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console/1.4.0
        Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember/1.4.0
        Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.xbee/1.4.0
        Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis/1.4.0
        Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console.telegesis/1.4.0
        Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console.ember/1.4.0

It looks like there are a number of updates to library versions that need to be updated on Artifactory again.

As before, a temporary work around is to download the .kar file and save it to the addons folder.

How do I find the url for the .kar file?
Do the url change from snapshot to snapshot?

Select your platform and OH version and scroll down to the Manual Install section.

2 Likes

Indeed, sorry that I missed them. They are now on artifactory and the bundles can be resolved as expected.

1 Like

@Kai
Just an idea, could there be a check somewhere in the development process to check if the dependent libraries exist on artifactory?