OH 3.2 - SystemInfo Binding - Process - Pi4

I’m running OH 3.2 on a Pi4 and using the SystemInfo binding and having issues with the “process” items. All the those items are coming back UNDEF/Null.

I want to monitor the Java OpenHAB item specifically, but I’m getting nothing returned to those process items. As covered in the binding info, it talks about a PID below.

Channels from group ‘‘process’’ have additional configuration parameter - PID (Process identifier). This parameter is used as ‘deviceIndex’ and defines which process is tracked from the channel. This makes the channels from this groups very flexible - they can change its PID dynamically.

Parameter PID has a default value 0 - this is the PID of the System Idle process in Windows OS

I’m obviously not setting the items for “process” up correctly, I need a “PID” tied to it but the PID is ever changing after a restart.

Number 		Process_load               "Process Load [%d %%]"                          		    		(Group_HabPanel_Dashboard)	{ channel="systeminfo:computer:openhabian:process#load" }
Number 		Process_used               "Process Used [%d] mb"                           											{ channel="systeminfo:computer:openhabian:process#used" }
String 		Process_name               "Process Name [%s]"                           												{ channel="systeminfo:computer:openhabian:process#name" }
Number 		Process_threads            "Process Threads [%d]"                       												{ channel="systeminfo:computer:openhabian:process#threads" }
String 		Process_path               "Process Path [%s]"                          												{ channel="systeminfo:computer:openhabian:process#path" }

Here’s what I see from TOP on the Pi4 which is the PI I want to monitor.

If you are monitoring this PID in your system, can you post your items setup for me?

Best, Jay

Development tied to “process” PID enhancement.

[systeminfo] dynamic channels by mherwege · Pull Request #13562 · openhab/openhab-addons (github.com)

Best, Jay

SystemInfo binding version 3.4m4 will NOT work with OH 3.2 due to missing requirements. This is too bad, wanted the process category to be fixed on this binding.

2022-11-07 07:58:27.642 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall                      ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.systeminfo-3.4.0.M4.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.systeminfo [401]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.sun.jna; version="[5.12.0,6.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.300.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.300.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.7.2]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.7.2]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.7.2]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.7.2]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.7.2]

Best, Jay