OH 3 Migration Homematic binding Things discovery Problems

Hello,

i am stuck while migrating to OH 3 on my Synology NAS. Any help appreciated.

i am currently running a stable OH 2.4 Instance on Synology DS218+ with DSM 6.2.4-25556 . Since for OH3 only Docker is available i am trying to migrate to Docker OH 3.1. I am allways stopping the old version before i run the container.

After successfully installing oneWire binding and adding allmost my sensors i tried to auto discover my Homematic devices. Approx 10 out of 30 were found.I added the complete Inbox and all found items seem to be working smoothly. But when i try to manually add the missing devices i get following error Message:

CONFIGURATION_ERROR
Device with address ‘OEQ12XXXXX’ not found on gateway ‘OEQ03XXXXX’

I cant explain myself what is the difference of the things that were found and those who have not been.
I played alot with the configuration of the thing but cant make it running.

UID: homematic:HMW-LC-Dim1L-DR:OEQ03XXXXX:OEQ12XXXXX
label: D2
thingTypeUID: homematic:HMW-LC-Dim1L-DR
configuration:
  HMP_2_INPUT_LOCKED: false
  HMP_-1_LOGGING_TIME: 2
  HMP_1_INPUT_LOCKED: false
  HMP_1_INPUT_TYPE: PUSHBUTTON
  HMP_2_INPUT_TYPE: PUSHBUTTON
  HMP_3_LOGGING: ON
  HMP_2_LONG_PRESS_TIME: 1
  HMP_1_LONG_PRESS_TIME: 1
bridgeUID: homematic:bridge:OEQ03XXXXX

thanks

OH 3.1 has a kown bug: [homematic] wired devices not found - null pointer exception · Issue #10945 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

Please check your openhab.log for any errors messages. If there is a NullPointerException you are probably affected by this problem. The github issue contains a link to a newer version of the binding.

thank you for quick reply.

By openhab.log you mean “Stream Events” through developer Sidebar ?

this is my output when i enable and disable a missing Thing.

openhab/things/homematic:HMW-LC-Dim1L-DR:OEQ03XXXXX:OEQ12XXXXX/statuschanged
ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent
[{"status":"OFFLINE","statusDetail":"CONFIGURATION_ERROR","description":"Device with address \u0027OEQ12XXXXX\u0027 not found on gateway \u0027OEQ03XXXXX\u0027"},{"status":"INITIALIZING","statusDetail":"NONE"}]
openhab/things/homematic:HMW-LC-Dim1L-DR:OEQ03XXXXX:OEQ12XXXXX/status
ThingStatusInfoEvent
{"status":"OFFLINE","statusDetail":"CONFIGURATION_ERROR","description":"Device with address \u0027OEQ12XXXXX\u0027 not found on gateway \u0027OEQ03XXXXX\u0027"}
[{"status":"INITIALIZING","statusDetail":"NONE"},{"status":"UNINITIALIZED","statusDetail":"DISABLED"}]
ThingStatusInfoEvent
{"status":"INITIALIZING","statusDetail":"NONE"}
[{"status":"UNINITIALIZED","statusDetail":"DISABLED"},{"status":"UNINITIALIZED","statusDetail":"NONE"}]
ThingStatusInfoEvent
{"status":"UNINITIALIZED","statusDetail":"DISABLED"}
[{"status":"UNINITIALIZED","statusDetail":"NONE"},{"status":"OFFLINE","statusDetail":"CONFIGURATION_ERROR","description":"Device with address \u0027OEQ12XXXXX\u0027 not found on gateway \u0027OEQ03XXXXX\u0027"}]
ThingStatusInfoEvent
{"status":"UNINITIALIZED","statusDetail":"NONE"}

If i take newest Snapshot: Is the newer Version of the binding installed through UI?

openhab.log is the log file stored in userdata/logs. It contains more information than the “Stream Events”.

No, it is installed via the addons folder. You can find it here together wit h a description: https://github.com/MHerbst/openhab-addons-test

Sorry i am afraid my /docker/openHAB/userdata folder is empty…

In all my OH 2.XX versions folders and data was created automatically. Could you please advise?

thanks

Maybe your mapping definition in the docker file is not correct. This userdata folder should be mapped to a directory outside the container. There is always a logs directory containing openhab.log and events.log.

But I am not an expert in using OH with Docker on Synology NAS.

You are right. Mapping of folders was indeed wrong. After revising folders and data is found where expected.

After that deploying the jar into addons Folder i restarted the container. For some reason it did not install the jar by itself. I then installed 3.1 binding like before just to try and now all things are found. I dont really understand that, but i am happy it works.

Nice support thanks