OH 3 upgrade - did not install packages

Folks,

I’ve upgraded from 2.5.11 to 3 running in docker this morning and it’s a bit lumpy.

2020-12-30 10:10:15.311 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-hue, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-evohome, openhab-binding-network, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-misc-hueemulation, openhab-persistence-mysql, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-networkupstools1, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-rfxcom, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-binding-systeminfo, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-binding-samsungtv, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-misc-market, openhab-binding-tplinksmarthome, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-plex1, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-hpprinter, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-misc-homekit, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-unifi, openhab-binding-expire1': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-habmin; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.2.0,2.2.0]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-habmin)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.2.0)(version<=2.2.0))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-habmin/2.2.0: missing requirement [openhab-ui-habmin/2.2.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.habmin; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.2.0,2.2.0]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui.habmin/2.2.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui.habmin/2.2.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core)"]]

Process of upgrade was to take backup, remove the image and restart container.

In the update.log I see the following:

SUCCESS: openHAB updated from 2.5.11 to 3.0.0

Should this have worked or did I screw something up :blush:

Going to the UI it asked me to create a user and now wants to go into the setup mode.

And now clearly the log is filling fast with errors.

I’ve tried installing them manually and it says “Installing” but never completes.

Depending on your docker run command you may have needed to make some volume mapping changes. I assume you at least looked at the documentation on Docker Hub and compared with your OH2 setup. right?

Yup. Can’t say I saw (or see) a difference.

From docs

my compose

Can’t see anything different there?

The second example on Docker Hub show this at the bottom.

volumes:
  openhab_addons:
    driver: local
  openhab_conf:
  openhab_userdata:

but that is only setting the local volumes for the paths doesn’t it? The paths on mine work as it’s managed to load the items (all file-based items) and things etc.

I wonder if it has to do with the alpha (or other) marketplace addons I had.
Starting image with just “up” I see this now.

openhab    | org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-misc-market; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.2.0,2.2.0]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-misc-market)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.2.0)(version<=2.2.0))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-misc-market/2.2.0: missing requirement [openhab-misc-market/2.2.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=esh-extensionservice-marketplace; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve esh-extensionservice-marketplace/0.10.0.b1: missing requirement [esh-extensionservice-marketplace/0.10.0.b1] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=esh-base; type=karaf.feature]]
openhab    |    at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343)
openhab    |    at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.doResolve(ResolverImpl.java:392)
openhab    |    at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:378)
openhab    |    at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:332)
openhab    |    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:257)
openhab    |    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:393)
openhab    |    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1062)
openhab    |    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:998)
openhab    |    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
openhab    |    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
openhab    |    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
openhab    |    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
openhab    | Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve openhab-misc-market/2.2.0: missing requirement [openhab-misc-market/2.2.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=esh-extensionservice-marketplace; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve esh-extensionservice-marketplace/0.10.0.b1: missing requirement [esh-extensionservice-marketplace/0.10.0.b1] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=esh-base; type=karaf.feature]
openhab    |    at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343)
openhab    |    ... 12 more
openhab    | Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve esh-extensionservice-marketplace/0.10.0.b1: missing requirement [esh-extensionservice-marketplace/0.10.0.b1] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=esh-base; type=karaf.feature
openhab    |    ... 13 more
openhab    | org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-expire1; type=karaf.feature; version="[1.11.0,1.11.0]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-expire1)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.11.0)(version<=1.11.0))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-expire1/1.11.0: missing requirement [openhab-binding-expire1/1.11.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-compat1x; type=karaf.feature]
openhab    |    at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.doResolve(ResolverImpl.java:392)
openhab    |    at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:378)
openhab    |    at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:332)
openhab    |    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:257)
openhab    |    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:393)
openhab    |    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1062)
openhab    |    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:998)
openhab    |    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
openhab    |    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
openhab    |    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
openhab    | Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-expire1/1.11.0: missing requirement [openhab-binding-expire1/1.11.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-compat1x; type=karaf.feature
openhab    | org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-expire1; type=karaf.feature; version="[1.11.0,1.11.0]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-expire1)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.11.0)(version<=1.11.0))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-expire1/1.11.0: missing requirement [openhab-binding-expire1/1.11.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-compat1x; type=karaf.feature]
openhab    | Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-expire1/1.11.0: missing requirement [openhab-binding-expire1/1.11.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-compat1x; type=karaf.feature

Going to remove them manually and see what happens

well, as per other post here (How to upgrade from 2.5.11 to 3.0 (docker)) it’s sort of working but a real mess.

I’ve got it up and running but now cannot get mysql/jdbc installed for persistence.
No persistence survived the upgrade and removing it and trying to re-add it does nothing and no (obvious) errors in log.

Sad but it’s been a really bad upgrade and I’ve lost a day now on it :frowning: