OH 4.1.1 - Error opening console

successfully moved my system to 4.1.1 from 3.4.5 running on a new platform

New platform is RPI 4 4Gb running bookworm OS

Installed OH with Apt, restored from a backup of my old system and then upgraded to 4.1.1

So far OH is running fine but when I start the console using openhab-cli console I get the following error:

Failed to load native library:jansi-2.4.0-d0428f62adbf797e-libjansi.so. osinfo: Linux/arm
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /var/lib/openhab/tmp/jansi-2.4.0-d0428f62adbf797e-libjansi.so: /var/lib/openhab/tmp/jansi-2.4.0-d0428f62adbf797e-libjansi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas what is causing the error, or how to troubleshoot?

What is the permission of the folder /var/lib/openhab/tmp:

ls -ld /var/lib/openhab/tmp
drwxrwxr-x 12 openhab openhab 4096 Nov 26 11:59 /var/lib/openhab/tmp

Assumed you get the error message on openhabian getting the error message for user openhabian make sure that the directory is group writeable ( chmod g+w /var/lib/openhab/tmp )

In case you don’t use the openhabian distribution which user do you use when you run openhab-cli console command and what is the output of id usernamehere ( replace usernamehere with the name of the user that you use to run openhab-cli command.

Thanks for the response.

I don’t use openhabian, rather I installed manually using Apt.
Checking the folder permission I get:

pi@jensen:~ $ ls -ld /var/lib/openhab/tmp
drwxr-xr-x 12 openhab openhab 4096 Jan 19 10:58 /var/lib/openhab/tmp

I use user ‘openhab’ to run console, and it does work. It’s just throwing an error.

Output of id is:

pi@jensen:~ $ id openhab
uid=106(openhab) gid=111(openhab) groups=111(openhab),5(tty),20(dialout),29(audio),109(bluetooth)

You login to the linux shell as user openhab and then execute openhab-cli console ?
You don’t use the user pi to execute openhab-cli console ?

I do use pi to login to Linux. when I start the console I log in as openhab.

ok. Then try to execute: sudo chmod ugo+w /var/lib/openhab/tmp
or add the pi user to group openhab and make sure that /var/lib/openhab/tmp is writeable for the group openhab.

good point I’ll try that

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.