OH on Win10, MODBUS and Serial not working

Hi People!

Some Days ago i installed OH2 on Win10.
I try to read out some MODBUS-Slaves over a USB-RS485 Converter.
With a Win-MODBUS-Master Software directly from Win it works well.

Now i installed the Serial and the MODBUS Binding in OH.
The Serial Binding shows me “installed”, but it is not vissible under the installed Bindings.
I can’t found anywhere a way to the USB or Serial Ports.
I have searched some days for a Solution, but i have no more Idea.
There are thousends of Helping Topics arround Raspi or Linux, but nothing around Windows.

Is there anywhere a Step by Step Tutorial or any other Help ho to configure MODBUS over USB-Serial on Windows?

I am very grateful for any Tipp!!!
Thank you very much!

Michael from Germany

That will be the version 1.x serial binding, which is not manageable via PaperUI.

That doesn’t matter, you don’t need that for Modbus. You can remove it if you like.

No,

You’ll need to install some kind of driver for your USB adaptor, but that’s probably automatically available under your Windows.
Then you should find a serial port like COM4 or something.

The modbus binding will not be able to access that port unless your other program has released it.
The modbus binding will not be able to access that port if you have configured the Serial v1.x binding to use it.

Thank you very much rossko57 for your fast Response!

Now i have uninstalled the Serial-Binding.
On Win the USB-RS485-Adaptor works fine, it ist tested with a Win-MODBUS-Master Software, the Port is COM4.

But in in OH i cant’t find anywhere a Port COM4.
And in the MODBUS Configuration, there is no Space to configure a Serial Port.

What i am doing wrong?

Yes, you said. Don’t forget that while your test software uses this port, nothing else can.

Where are you looking for that? The port is specified in a serial Bridge thing.
In PaperUI, they call that a Modbus Serial Slave. There’s a selection for serial port. If your COM port does not appear there, it is not currenty available to openHAB.