OH2.3 with KNX2 - not connecting to KNX Bus

Hello Dim,

thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately this doesn’t change anything :frowning:

KNX.items:

Number   OGHeizungsaktor_HeatOGBadStellwert                      "Bad Stellmotor [%d %%]"                     {channel="knx:device:bridge:OG_Heizungsaktor:Heat_OG_Bad_Stellwert"}

ETS5 Log:

|#|Zeit|Dienst|Flags |Prio|Quelladresse|Quellname|Zieladresse|Zielname|Rout|Typ|DPT|Info|
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
|142|19.07.2018 19:47:00,225|vom Bus||Niedrig|1.0.13|Heizungsaktor OG|4/3/21|3.3-3-Obergeschoss.Bad-OG-Heizung.HMDT-Heizen-MDT-Status Stellwert|6|GroupValueResponse|  5.001 Prozent (0..100%)|$00 | 0 %|
|48|19.07.2018 19:45:03,160|vom Bus||Niedrig|1.0.13|Heizungsaktor OG|4/3/21|3.3-3-Obergeschoss.Bad-OG-Heizung.HMDT-Heizen-MDT-Status Stellwert|6|GroupValueResponse|  5.001 Prozent (0..100%)|$00 | 0 %|

Basic UI - note that also the status is not being populated

The state via “grep” showed:

OGHeizungsaktor_HeatOGBadStellwert (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Bad Stellmotor, Category=null)

What really puzzles me is the Log entries that I see - can you explain me what the “tpdu 00 40 00” actually means - I would have expected a 0% or so- as in ETS?! - or is OH now able to interpret the RAW KNX Data?!

KARAF:

19:52:17.925 [DEBUG] [calimero.link.224.0.23.12:3671       ] - indication 1.0.241->4/3/21 L_Data.ind, low priority hop count 5, tpdu 00 00
19:52:17.968 [DEBUG] [calimero.link.224.0.23.12:3671       ] - indication 1.0.13->4/3/21 L_Data.ind, low priority hop count 5, tpdu 00 40 00

ETS5 Log:

|#|Zeit|Dienst|Flags |Prio|Quelladresse|Quellname|Zieladresse|Zielname|Rout|Typ|DPT|Info|
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
|234|19.07.2018 19:52:17,470|vom Bus||Niedrig|1.0.13|Heizungsaktor OG|4/3/21|3.3-3-Obergeschoss.Bad-OG-Heizung.HMDT-Heizen-MDT-Status Stellwert|6|GroupValueResponse|  5.001 Prozent (0..100%)|$00 | 0 %|

In ETS Log I see in the Settings Sidebar the following Entry wher the last 6 digits match the above tpdu. But for other data I see the DecodedDpValue (e.g.0%?!

|Eigenschaft|Wert|
|---|---|
|RawData|29 00 BC E0 10 0D 23 15 02 00 40 00|

guess the mistake I am making turns out to be rather stupid - I am just not seeing it…

Where is the channel definition? This is essential…

Edit: found it.

Did you try number-control yet?

Hello Udo,

thanks for the suggestion - I had not tried this option, did it now, but with the same result.

I changed my .things file to:

Type number-control : Heat_OG_Bad_IST_Temp                      "Bad IST Temp"              [ ga="9.001:<4/3/20" ]
            Type switch : Switch_Heat_Bad_Sperre                    "Bad Sperre Stellmotor"     [ ga="1.003:<4/0/0" ]
            Type number-control : Heat_OG_Bad_Stellwert                     "Bad Stellmotor"            [ ga="5.001:<4/3/21" ]
            Type number-control : Heat_OG_Bad_SOLL_Temp                     "Bad SOLL Temp"             [ ga="9.001:4/3/22+<4/3/23" ]
            Type switch : Switch_Heat_Bad_Betriebsart_Komfort       "Bad Betriebsart Komfort"   [ ga="1.003:4/0/4" ]
            Type string : Heat_OG_Bad_Diagnose                      "OG Diagnose Bad"                  [ ga="16.000:<4/0/21" ]

But if I understood the control items right, this would not really be the right way to use a control item - or did I missunderstand the logic?

thanks
Andreas

Hello,

after some “Summer break” I tried today again a new setup on my RasPi2 instead of the docker image on my Synology.
Just wanted to see if the docker might influence the issues as described above.

Unfortunately I end up with the same results as above.

I wanted to give this topic a bump again to see if anything changed in the last few months - or if others face the same issue, or even better… found a solution?!

Maybe a different approach - would anyone who has OH2.3 with KNX2.0 running please provide their conf files (.items, .sitemap, .things) so I could copy from that “working sample” and see what happens?!

thanks a lot
Andreas

Did you already omit localSourceAddr? This parameter is optional and often causes headache if set.

Hello Udo,

unfortunately no change in behaviour.
I decided to try and build an entirely new setup on my RasPi starting step by step with only the absolut minimum an then work my way forward from there - let’s see if I can get at least a minimal setup to work in my environment?!
Will keep you posted…

thanks
Andreas

@DrCoffee

After the update to OH2.3 and KNX2.0 i had issues with my “Stellwert” of the heating. It was defined as “Number”, but the DPT 5.001 does not update my “ControlPoint_UF_Bath”.
After i chanegd from Number to Dimmer Item, it works.

knx.things

Type dimmer	:	controlPointUFBath	        "Stellwert Bad"         	[ position="5.001:2/3/4" ]

sitemap.items

Dimmer ControlPoint_UF_Bath				"Stellwert Bad [%.1f %%]"				<heating>	(UF_Bath, ControlPoint, Heater)			{ channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:controlPointUFBath" }

it took me a while and the upgrade to OH2.4 - but now my OH is finally working and your advise using the Dimmer item helped a lot since I was experiencing the very same issue.

But I only changed the .item to dimmer (instead of number) since I am showing the “Stellwert” as Text item in my sitemap.
For increasing/decreasing the actual temperature I use the setpoint

thanks for your help!

Hello,

it took me quite some time and lots of frustration - but with OH2.4 it appears something has changed that allowed me to completely rebuild my OH installation.
While rebuilding my code from scratch I noticed that even tiny mistakes can kill the entire installation (e.g. using as icon vs. ) so chances are that I had somewhere a small error build in that I didn’t detect and which caused everything else to fail.

My OH to KNX connection still seems to be a piece of fine porcelain but I won’t touch it for as long as it works.

For anyone who reads this post - the installation that now works for me is in the KNX Binding:

knx.items

• Local IP being the IP Adress of my OpenHAB installation - in my case a docker.
  • As KNX Router I use a MDT IP Router
  • I had to allow in the ETS config for this router to pass all Groups & PAs through - as described above by Udo
Bridge knx:ip:bridge  [ 
type="ROUTER",
localIp="192.168.xx.xxx"
]

thanks a lot for all your help - I will open a separate post to ask for support on creating a dummy App in my ets to actually create the right filter tables

Hello there
sorry to open this rather old discussion, but I have the exact same issue with the “Stellwerte” but wasn’t able to resolve it.

So, in other words I don’t see a value for the items.

Here’s my thing configuration for one of these “Stellwerte”:

Type dimmer :  Stellwerte_D_EG "Stellwerte_D_EG" [ position="5001:3/1/1" ]

note: for other items of this type I use this:

Type number :  Stellwerte_SZ_DG "Stellwerte_SZ_DG" [ ga="<3/3/1" ]

Corresponding items are:

Dimmer Stellwerte_D_EG "Stellwert Diele [%.2f %%]" (Temp_EG) { channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:Stellwerte_D_EG" }

Number Stellwerte_SZ_DG "Stellwert Spitzboden [%.2f Prozent]" (Temp_DG) { channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:Stellwerte_SZ_DG" }

If I grep the status of both items in the karaf console, I get this (bot both items the same, so just showing one):

(Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Stellwert Wohnzimmer, Category=null, Groups=[Temp_EG])

So apparently there is no data coming from the knx bus. Which makes sense for one of the items (GA 3/3/1), because for this I do get a message in the error log:

2020-06-21 15:25:21.134 [WARN ] [.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler] - Ignoring KNX bus data: couldn't transform to any Type (destination='3/3/1', datapoint='command DP 3/3/1 'knx:device:bridge:generic', DPT id 9.001, low priority', data='0xFF')

However, for the GA 3/1/1 there is no log entry at all.

Anyone any idea what I can do? All other items (temperature or rollershutter [which also show a percent value] are shown correctly, it’s just the “Stellwerte” which are not showing…

There is no DPT 5001, but there is a DPT 5.001. Please be aware that a dimmer channel should be set to both switch and position, and that position should have two GA for set and get.
A dimmer channel status is %d, not %.2f

Sorry, yes, I just realized that the DPT was entered incorrectly.
Changed it to 5.001 - but still the „Stellwert“ doesn’t show.
I’ll try to change the dimmers and see whether this improves anything, though really I only entered dimmer for those items because it was suggested as a possible workaround in one of the earlier posts here - I‘d prefer to use a number item, if that’s possible.