OH2 Add-ons installation clarification

Hi

This is a noob question so please don’t shoot … :-0

I had a working OH2 installation (online distro) and yesterday I decided to install the b3-offline. Everything worked perfect apart from the fact that I’ve messed up with my add-ons. When using the paper UI I see no installed bindings although my zwave, serial and ntp work like a charm. When I try to install the zwave or a new bind, the install process seems to start on paper UI but never ends. In openhab log file I get the following error :

2016-05-23 16:22:41.491 [ERROR] [st.core.extensions.ExtensionResource] - Exception while installing extension: org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error
2016-05-23 16:22:41.497 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ExtensionEvent ] - binding-yahooweather: org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error

The same happens when I do this by using the addons.cfg file.

Thank you very much for any assistance

Did you install b3 over your existing installation or to a separate folder? I have never seen such exceptions before :open_mouth:

i just renamed my previous runtime to runtime_bkp and then unzipped the new runtime (b3) to the same folder. Anyway I don’t want you to spend you precious time to an UFO problem, I assume a clean install would solve that issue, correct ? Any alternative to clean up my userdata/ folder only in case that something is cashed there ?

Thank you !!

Correct! A lot of configuration is stored in userdata, e.g. everything you change through the Paper UI. So the theory that only the runtime folder can be replaces is definitely not working (yet)…

After a clean install everything runs as it should. There are many things that I hadn’t noticed before that have changed so addons was not the only problem. Thank u very much for you immediate reply !

I still have the same problem. After I had updated the snapshot version, I have unzip openhab files to an empty directory an copy conf and userdata folder to new openhab installation.

If I switch to an “empty” installation (without my old files) how can i migrate my old files.