Oh2 addons after migration from b2 to stable

Hello,

I just migrated my OH2 beta4 to stable OH2, but all my addons seem to be stuck in OH2 b4…

The b4 bindings don’t seem to be there, and all seems to work normally, but I can still see all b4 addons

Can anyone tell me what I should do?

— edit—
I installed from tarball

Thanks
Will.

have you tried installing openhab2-addons

sudo apt-get install openhab2-addons

if you want legacy bindings

sudo apt-get install openhab2-addons-legacy

After this you will basically end up with what was openhab2-offline

Regards,
Chris

I forgot to metion this, but I installed from tarball, as it is installed on CentOS 7.

have you tried removing the binding in paperui and reinstalling?

uninstalling:

openhab> feature:uninstall openhab-ui-paper
Error executing command: Error restarting bundles

list:

openhab> feature:list |grep openhab-ui-paper
Name                                      | Version          | Required | State       | Repository              | Description
openhab-ui-paper                          | 2.0.0            |          | Uninstalled | openhab-addons-2.0.0    | Paper UI
openhab-ui-paper                          | 2.0.0.b4         |          | Resolved    | openhab-aggregate-xml   | Paper UI

Install

openhab> feature:install openhab-ui-paper
The specified feature: 'openhab-ui-paper' version '2.0.0.b4' is already installed

list:

openhab> feature:list |grep ui
Name                                      | Version          | Required | State       | Repository              | Description
openhab-ui-paper                          | 2.0.0            |          | Uninstalled | openhab-addons-2.0.0    | Paper UI
openhab-ui-paper                          | 2.0.0.b4         | x        | Resolved    | openhab-aggregate-xml   | Paper UI

Very weird behaviour… :frowning:

This is becoming even stranger:

openhab> bundle:list |grep 2.0.0
161 | Active   |  90 | 2.0.0.b4              | openHAB Core
162 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | openHAB Karaf Integration
181 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | openHAB REST Documentation
182 | Resolved |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | openHAB Basic UI Fragment, Hosts: 178
183 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | openHAB Classic UI Fragment
184 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | openHAB Dashboard UI
185 | Resolved |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | openHAB Paper UI Theme Fragment, Hosts: 180
188 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | HarmonyHub Binding
189 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | ZWave Binding
190 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | openHAB Serial Transport Bundle
193 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | Netatmo Binding
195 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | Astro Binding
197 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | openHAB 1.x Compatibility Layer
203 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.b4              | Network Binding
209 | Resolved |  80 | 2.0.0                 | Exec Binding

It seems my whole system is 2.0.0.b4, instead of 2.0.0

It seems uninstalling and installing forcing the version does the trick

feature:uninstall <feature>
feature:install <feature>/<version>

And running into an error…

openhab> feature:uninstall openhab-ui-paper
openhab> feature:install openhab-ui-paper/2.0.0
Error executing command: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.0.0,2.0.0]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.0.0)(version<=2.0.0))"

I’ve not run into it where I have had two versions of bundles available.

May be @Kai has an idea of how to force these out, I don’t think I’ll be able to assist much here, sorry.

Thanks for your input, it helped in finding the underlying problem.

I’m thinking I might remove userdata/tmp to see how it goes when I’m back
home.

There is also a cache.

/var/lib/openhab2/cache/

It might be different for you as your not using the packaged install.

clear both out.

Chris

EDIT: Backup, Backup and Backup again. Just in case it screws up even further.

@chriscolden has the right solution. I see the same thing when running in Docker. You have to stop OH, delete the cache and tmp folders, then start OH again. Note that you will lose all of your PaperUI settings so if you are running a manual install I highly recommend using a text based configuration and avoid PaperUI as much as feasible (some bindings like zwave make complete avoidance impossible but if you change the name of the serial controller to something consistent all you need to do is reaccept your nodes out of the inbox).

I’ve not spent any time yet to figure out if there is a way to script this or possibly delete only parts of the cache folder so this reconfiguration can be avoided.

So basically, I have to reinstall my openhab system?

That is sooo bad in sooo many ways.

Hopefully there’s more info in the scripts in the .deb package

Not your whole system. Just your bindings, autodiscovered Things, and I think a few system settings.

If you stick to the text based configs it is pretty painless to rebuild. It takes me all of a couple minutes.

And if someone spent some time rooting around the cache folder perhaps the folder with the installed addons can be found and only that needs to be deleted.

yeah, but the binding configs need to be re-done, the UI’s need to be reinstalled…

I have no doubt that when configured with the same names/uid, all things will be accessible in the same way as before by my rules, but it would have been nice to have it automagically done.
I am reasonably technical, so this isn’t really a problem.
But for those amongst us who are just using OH2 without any technical knowledge this may be a problem.

For those who don’t have technical knowledge I would strong recommend using the apt-get installed version and not a manual install.

I don’t know if an issue has been opened on this yet (it needs to be fixed IMHO).

My answers tend to focus primarily on working with it as it exists now, not how it should be.