OH2 event bus & hue updates failing

I’m running the latest build of OH2, and the latest builds of the HUE and WEMO bindings from the smart home project in an effort to see if the newer builds fixed this issue and they don’t seem to.

The wemo insight switches work great, they show their updates in the logs and then the basic UI updates the switch status accurately (when turned off by something else it updates).

The Hue lights via their bridge only refresh the UI status when you hit the web page refresh button. I have the polling interval setup properly and I see the updates in the logs as below similar with the wemo switches but they fail to refresh the UI properly:

00:54:26.977 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LR_Hue_Light1 changed from 85,43,100 to 85,43,0
00:54:26.979 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - hue_LCT001_001788192bd7_1_color changed from 85,43,100 to 85,43,0
00:54:31.987 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LR_Hue_Light1 changed from 85,43,0 to 85,43,100
00:54:31.989 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - hue_LCT001_001788192bd7_1_color changed from 85,43,0 to 85,43,100

In addition, the OpenHAB iPhone application never shows the light on, even when it is shown as ON in the webUI. When you use the iPhone app and turn the light on the switch immediately jumps back to OFF, but the light does in fact turn on.

I figured I would start digging into code but I’m not sure where to start with the Hue interface (more specifically if there is some sort of compatibility wrapper i should be looking at). If anyone has any suggestions i’m all ears. In addition if there is a specific package path I should enable debugging on then i’d love the suggestion.

I assume your problem is that you are using a Switch item, while the channel sends Color updates - if you declare your item as a Color item, it should work all fine. See also this thread.

Thanks for the reply Kai. I had defined the hue bulb as a Color item in my items file and a switch in my sitemap and still see this behavior. Based on the other thread it sure sounds like a bug.