OH2 Mail Setup Issue

Trying to get mail working in OH2. Have the addon installed, put my stuff in the conf file, etc. When I trigger a sendMail event, I’m getting errors in my log file. Obviously, did didn’t like something in my configuration as it’s telling me:

550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.

Not a big deal, I can figure it out, but I’ve found a strange issue. Changes in my mail.conf file aren’t being used. I’m trying to use SSL, so I had it set to port 465 (as per my host). I’ve changed back to 25 and no SSL, and the log still shows that it’s trying at port 465. I changed the address, and it’s not changed in the log either.

I’ve restarted OH service as well as restarting the entire server. No help.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Danny

Well, I figured out what’s going on.

Let’s say in testing you put a value into something, say for the port. If you comment it back out to get to the default, it won’t revert to 25 when it runs. It stays at what you had previously used. This applies for all the values in the mail.cfg file.

I took out all the comments, and put in true, false, etc. as needed for each one and now it works… Definitely looks like a bug to me, but someone else will need to try and reproduce it.

Thanks,

Danny