OH2: my.openHAB stays offline

Thanks! Do you think it would be possible to copy the current cacerts into my openHAB installation, modify my copy and use it for the openHAB session?

I would better try not to modify anything else then openHAB :slight_smile:

Beats me. Maybe this could be accomplished inside the my.openhab addon. You should contact one of the developers. (I’m on the phone and don’t remember who that is)

@ThomDietrich Hmm, isn’t @Kai one of them?

I probably add some commands to my openHAB.sh script to download the latest JRE into my openHAB installation…

No, all I did was to create an OH2 compatible copy of the OH1 bundle.
Don’t know it it is possible to deal with lacking root CA certificate within the bundle without having to touch the JRE itself. Would have to investigate, but I am lacking the time - if someone has an idea and wants to come up with a PR, feel free!

@Kai Ah, ok, I saw that you’ve been working on the binding a long time ago.
Well, I’ve got no experiences in JAVA at all, but this is what I’ve did for the Cura project, where they also had this problem on OSX:

@ThomDietrich I added now commands to my script, which downloads, unpacks and uses the latest JRE on restart.
Also added a licence agreement message before the download starts.
Now after restarting OH2: “openHAB is online” :slight_smile:

No idea how useful this can be here: http://stackoverflow.com/a/2313963/6333993

Sounds good. Would you share it? Sounds like something others might be interested in as well.

Here ir preferably in a tutorial posting :wink:

Yes, it will be commited to my openhab-qnap-qpkg repository soon. Just need to add additional commands for all the different architectures. There will be commands like: installJREarm32,installJREarm64, etc.
I could use “uname” to detect the architecture, but I think it is not worth it, as I’m sure you can fix that in the binding easily and updating JRE isn’t needed every day.
My solution is not very handy, because you’ll have login via SSH to your NAS and use the service script (/etc/init.d/openHAB.sh) to do this. But at least there is an alternative :wink:

Here it is:

Nice :wink: Even includes checksum verification :candy:

The way it should be, isn’t it? :wink: :ok_hand:

1 Like