OH2: my.openHAB stays offline

Hi.
I have set up OH2 (with Oracles Java) and installed the my.openhab bundle (misc/my.openhab) found the UUID file and the SECRET file .
But still when i log in to my openhab it says that i´m offline.

The openhab log file says:

2016-07-20 14:00:02.084 [ERROR] [o.myopenhab.internal.MyOpenHABClient] - Socket.IO error: io.socket.engineio.client.EngineIOException: websocket error
2016-07-20 14:00:02.089 [INFO ] [o.myopenhab.internal.MyOpenHABClient] - Disconnected from my.openHAB service (UUID = MY-UUID-FROM-UUID-FILE, base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2016-07-20 14:00:25.962 [ERROR] [o.myopenhab.internal.MyOpenHABClient] - Socket.IO error: not authorized

I have restarted OH server several times, checked that server can connect to Internet etc.
Is the service down or is it something else?

Did you restart OpenHAB?

Yes, several times, I also reinstalled my.openhab addon from paper ui.

Ok,
where are your files ( secret and UUID)?
Does the entry in those files match the settings in my.openhab.org for your account?

They are in:
/var/lib/openhab2/ (UUID)
/var/lib/openhab2/myopenhab/ (SECRET)

And they match.

Not sure where the Userdata folder is in case of an apt -get install. The files should be in folder Userdata (UUID file) and Userdata/myopenhab (secret ).

1 Like

I did a search through the whole filesystem and the only locations are

/var/lib/openhab2/
/var/lib/openhab2/myopenhab/

I did install my OH2 with APT.

For an Apt install that is reported to be correct.

Ok. Then i`m clueless!

Can you load my.openhab.org ?

I can’t, so I suspect if you’re still trying to connect now, it’s due to the service being offline.

Thanks I noticed that.
I will try to install OH2 on a windows platform to see if it works there, as soon as the service goes online again.

I have installed OH2 with my.opoenhab on windows and it works, so it might be something with my ubunbtu server intallation.

Hi Frederik,

I’m also on Windows for now. Could you please let me know where your ‘secret’ and ‘UUID’ files are kept?

Hi - same problem here. everything works fine on windows. raspbian does not connect to my.openhab. Strange thing is that my logfiles don’t even make any mention of my.openhab. did everything that Daflint did so please don’t ask me if UUID and secret etc. is correct. Again just to highlight - windows works fine, raspbian not. used offline snapshot for windows and apt-get for raspbian. java is OJ8.

Same issue here with raspbian and apt-get for raspbian

I can confirm now that I zipped my openhab2 snapshot on my windows machine that works perfectly, unzipped and ran it on my rpi3 and my.openhab doesn’t even feature in the log files, i.e. no attempt to actually start the service is made. I hope that can be a clue to someone, seems a lot of us are having this issue. I’ve seen some resolve it with different java versions etc. I have run the update upgrade and it is up to date. Not quite sure how to proceed or assist with debugging. I’m on jessie.

Got the same here. I made a fresh install of OH2, installed the binding and updated UUID + secret, but still no updates at my.openhab.org.
Maybe one of the @maintainers know how to fix it?

Did you all make sure that you are running at least Java 1.8.0_update101? see this thread.

Thanks @Kai, but is there also an alternative solution?
I personally think it is not very handy if you are using OH2 on a NAS, where you typically have to wait for an update.
Of course I can update here java from hand, but isn’t there a way to ship the certificate with the plugin? or ignore unverified connections? (for these people who can’t upgrade - so it is on their own risk?)

Hey @thopiekar, this might be useful