OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Well - this is a good clue - but for a slightly different reason. :wink:

The log is not from the right version of the binding - it’s an old version that doesn’t support security. It has security messages, but it doesn’t work.

The 7FFFFFFF business normally means the binding hasn’t received the manufacturer information from the device.

The log seems to confirm this, but I don’t really know why it’s not working - I could guess that there’s a communication issue - ie it’s too far away from the controller? Is that likely?

It does look like it’s securely included ok, but there are a number of retries. It could also be caused by something else with security, but it’s hard to diagnose unfortunately.

Thanks chris for your help.

Very unlikely. I stick the device to the controller when I give it a try.

What do you think about the “Unknown command class 0xffffff84” ?

2018-02-24 19:59:24.086 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 28: Unknown command class 0xffffff84

I think it’s probably a small bug, but unlikely it’s the actual problem.

Another thought - try deleting the XML for this node and restarting the binding - let’s see if that helps. Provide the log if it doesn’t.

This is the binding that I have Active:

openhab> bundle:list | grep ZWave
246 │ Active    │  80 │ 2.3.0.201802081624     │ ZWave Binding
247 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.2.0                  │ ZWave Binding
openhab>

Does it not have security?

You can’t have two versions installed. Do a bundle:uninstall 247.

It is not a binding that I have in my list as having created - no.

The log entries from classes like SecurityCommandClassWithInitialization don’t even exist in the binding so this is definitely not the right version.

Thanks @chris
Could you send me a link to your latest build?

The link is right at the top of this thread.

I must have looked at the top of the thread a half dozen times
 kept missing the first line !
Got the right one now :slight_smile:

Here are my logs:
http://faure.ca/~paul/openhab_feb25.log

I seem to be missing: /home/AD.FAURE.CA/openhab/openhab/userdata/zwave/network_0184eb0f__node_9.xml

Is that created during the inclusion? If so, i will redo that part

Hi @chris

Thanks for your message.
I’ve deleted XML and restarted the binding : nothing more than the usual “unknown device”, “manufacturer not set”, etc
 Please find here the operation logs.

I noticed today something I didn’t understand before : even if the discovery fails, the logs show that openhab see the buttons pressed (I have an event “CENTRAL_SCENE” when I press a button). Is there a way to declare manually the device ? that could stop openhab trying to retry and retry the device identification ?

I also notice some

2018-02-25 20:28:22.275 [ERROR] [col.security.ZWaveSecureNonceTracker] - NODE 28: SECURITY_ERROR Device message contained nonce that is unknown to us, id=-55.

but I don’t know if it is related.

And finally, after several wake-ups, any new dialog initiated by the device wake-up finishes by

“Unknown command class 0xffffff84”

I don’t know if this last step prevents the binding to discover more, or if it is really unrelated.

No - it’s created during initialisation. However, if you have a secure device, you MUST redo the inclusion as it absolutely must be done with this binding. You have to reset the device then include it with the binding running.

Hi Jack,

It seems, I’ve the some problems with 5 brand new fibaro windows sensors (latest model). 3 work perfect, 2 one don’t show on/off, get off from time to time etc.) When do you plan to bring the current test binding in the master version?. I use openhabian latest version, so the question is, does it makes sense to do all the manual stuff or waiting for your master binding 
 Using openhabian, is there still the seriell topic valid? Thx
Peter

Does this development binding work with OH2.3 or should I stick to OH2.2?

Hi, where can I find the log shown in the picture here? Thanks!

It’s working for me: openHAB 2.2.0 Release Build

$ openhab-cli console
openhab> bundle:list | grep -i zwave
226 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.3.0.201802082157 │ ZWave Binding

I think it’s mentioned earlier: uninstall the 2.2 binding via PaperUI, download to /usr/share/openhab2/addons and restart openhab.

This version got my Schlage lock working since it has security. What’s not working is any feedback from devices. For example, when I physically lock to deadbolt it doesn’t update in OH. That’s what I’m struggling with now.

But he asked the other way around :wink: From what I can understand it works in both 2.2 and 2.3.

Yes - the binding name is version 2.3 and it works fine with OH 2.3.

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/openhab/zwave-log-viewer

Some locks, including the Schlage Connect series, do not report lock/unlock through the lock_door channel. You will need to create some rules and utilize the alarm_raw channel if you want to have a single Switch item to display the lock state. Here is an example

More discussion here

Hi @chris Could you review the logs and let me know why I can’t add my lock to the network?
http://www.faure.ca/~paul/openhab_feb27.log
It seems to error out even before I start joining the network on the lock.
Thanks,
Paul