OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Ok, so it seems that OH/ESH is incorrectly normalising this to a string. I don’t have time to look at this right now but I will try and look later tonight. It might be an issue with the binding not providing config descriptions in some cases but I’m not really sure at the moment.

Thank you so much! If you have this biding for OH v 2.2 please share it, I want to try something.

Unfortunately this is not possible since the binding makes use of features of ESH that are only available in newer versions.

@r27 please can you confirm what version of the runtime you are using? I’m assuming it’s the latest, but I just want to confirm.

I switched back to 2.2 on production machine. But I did clean install on Mac OS machine using latest available snapshot of 2.3 and faced the same problem. Tested OH 2.4, same result.

It looks like @5iver has same dimmers and he is using dev binding. But I don’t know when he downloaded it, may be something wrong with Jul18th build ? I asked him to share his binding so I can test.

He will be using a version that is very recent - within the past day.

I think this is quite unlikely.

Then I am just unlucky :slight_smile:

@chris
I just downloaded this random org.openhab.binding.zwave_2.3.0.201806301540.jar and it worked! replaced 2.4. build from first post restarted OH and dimmer finished initialization.

Thanks. I’m trying to script up some tests to work out what’s happening. It might be related to a change a few days back with the UIDs.

Did you delete the thing and add it back again? I’m just making sure I understand the configuration so I’m looking in the right direction.

Yes I did remove thing. Now I am waiting for binding to recognize my lock to test it. I still want to find out which version used by @5iver

I’m using 2.4.0.201807152304 with OH snapshot 1304. Planning to grab the latest binding right now. My DZMX1 dimmers are working fine, even after deleting/rediscovering the Things. Node numbers are not strings.

You will need to delete and rediscover the Things for all of your zwave devices when going between the dev version and another.

I’ve been holding off updating OH because of some recent breaking changes affecting JSR223, but if you’d like, I’ll test it out. Easy to roll back.

Where I can download it ?

I’ve just updated the binding to add some more debug - please give it a try and do a grep on getConfigDescription.

I’m now using the latest 2.4.0.201807191752 (first post), and DZMX1 are still working fine.

Well… it was the latest

@5iver
Can you try to update OH to latest ?

I was thinking of asking you to use an older snapshot :slight_smile:. But then saw you had tried 2.3 release (that was with the dev zwave binding, right?) and had the same issue, so I think this is localized to your machine. I’ll do an upgrade later tonight, but need to run out for a few hours.

I tried 2.4.0.201807191752 with latest clean OH on 2 different machines (linux and Mac) and had the same problem. So I am confused why it works for you and doesn’t for me. The only difference between us, from what I see, is OH version.

Wait wait wait… sorry! I’m getting this too! I somehow screwed up copying in the latest version and had read the version from the manifest.mf. After gettgin the right version in, deleting/rediscovering, I now see this…

and this…

"node_id": "19.0",

So it is in the recent binding…

Oh, relief. thank you!! :slight_smile: now can you share previous version with me so I can test it ?