OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Sent you a PM.

If @r27 doesnā€™t get to this, I will play with it later tonight to get you some logs.

FTR, I have three versions installed across 3 systems, and none of them exhibit the issue.

Iā€™ll install the latest on my test system and report back what happens.

Installed this v and tested dimmer and lock. Works as expected.

Playing catchup on this issue, as Iā€™ve been offline for a couple hours.

@chris Iā€™m running this version, which I just installed from post #1. Is this the one with the additional debug?

184 ā”‚ Active    ā”‚  80 ā”‚ 2.4.0.201807192329     ā”‚ org.openhab.binding.zwave

Is the issue specific to the DZMX1? Has it been observed on any other type of device?

All battery powered devices with this version online as unrecognized devices.

My plans changed, so Iā€™m in for the night and can do some more testing. Using 2.4.0.201807192329, which should have the added debugging, deleting/rediscovering Things turned up DZMX1 and DZS15 as having the issue. Everything else I have appears to have come up OK.

Did you delete your zwave Things?

Well, that explains why I canā€™t recreate it. I donā€™t have either of those devices.

Yes I did, deleted all z-wave items. Added back. Restarted. So far only issue is battery powered nodes.

Have they woken up?

I triggered motion sensors and door sensor. That usually help, but not now.

Did you mean to say Things?

Sorry yes. I keep saying items when I mean things. My bad.

Which devices do you have? Maybe this is another device affected by the issue.

I was able to get one of the motion sensors to work by opening case. Now have to figure out what to do with door sensors. Iā€™ll be back in 45 min. Thank you guys!

Triggering them will not wake them up. Opening the case usually does it, but sometimes thereā€™s a little hole or button. The manual usually tells you how. :wink:

They will wake up eventually on their own too.

Iā€™ve restarted a couple times, but havenā€™t found anything in the logs for ā€˜getConfigDescriptionā€™.

Same here. Nothing containing getConfigDescription in my logs.

I found the log entry after deleting/rediscovering a Thing. But this is one of the affected devices, so you may not see it. Iā€™ll send my log to Chris. I also updated to the latest OH snapshot 1313, which still horribly breaks JSR223 :frowning_face:.

2018-07-19 20:19:35.864 [DEBUG] [openhab.binding.zwave.internal.ZWaveConfigProvider] - No nodeId found in getConfigDescription thing:zwave:device:07cb40a2:node19

I am still experiencing problems with dimmers. They donā€™t report status if manually operated.
Door contacts donā€™t wake up and report status, same with motion detectors. With previous (stable) version of binding all devices work fine. Door contacts and dimmers report status immediately.