OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

There is no sensor_binary channel for the sensative strips so this won’t work. I would suggest to use HABmin or PaperUI to check the configuration.

Hi Chris,

just found the other thread about sensative strips and now better understand the commands, etc.
However still not working for me (items not showing open/close) so currently looking for sample items definition working with the strips.

I am a newbie to zwave and its somehow complex.

BTW: Thanks for the active support of zwave in this community. Good to know that someone takes all our (dumb) questions serious.

Regards from Munich,

Uwe

Make sure that the device configuration is the default - if you have changed the report type in the configuration of the device, it won’t work as OH expects to use the notification class, and not the binary sensor class (which doesn’t work properly in the Sensative Strips).

Has anyone else encountered the issue with the door lock alarms no longer reporting with the latest build? I imagine most people are still on an older build that works, but I can’t go back as I need an item in the database update for May 27th release.

I think if it’s possible we should cherry pick the code from the initial release with the alarms working in April, and merge them in.

@chris, post here if I can provide any additional info for you. Thanks for all that you do.

This is not possible as the code has been totally changed. I will take a look at this in a few days time.

Makes sense. Then copy/replace! :joy: Just kidding.
Chris, you should consider setting up a donation box for users to contribute to your development. At least we’ll buy you some coffees.

1 Like

Scroll all the way down and do it.
He deserves it:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/about

4 Likes

Agreed!! Chris has put a great amount of effort - so much I’m sure there are pieces of his soul in that code!! :grinning:

I made sure after my first ticket to go submit some coffees to the pool for the endless hours of sleep lost due to minor changes hear and there when we find em!

Thank you @chris as always for the hard work - and patience with some of us! :wink:

1 Like

It’s done. Thanks for providing the place to do it.
Chris, thank you for your hard work! Have a beer on me!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Beer is always good - although I normally try and put donations towards “toys” so hopefully it helps me improve things in the longer term :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Chris am I correct in understanding you are aware of issues with alarm reporting? I’ve currently got 2 issues, a 4in1 multisensor that has it’s alarms ignored pretty much and a door lock which seems to throw exceptions with it’s alarms. If you need another log file let me know and I’ll submit at your site.

Yep - I’m aware of this and will take a look over the next few days.

Does anyone else experience a zwave crash from a few hours to a few days after starting the binding? As reported here? It seems to occur more often with debug logging on. I am also getting a lot of missed events (OH says lights, motion, etc. are on/off, but not correctly). I’m becoming suspicious of my g5 zstick, which has been solid for quite a long while and this all started after moving to OH2 and the dev zwave binding months ago. I’d like to confirm others are experiencing either of these and confirm it’s not just my hardware before troubleshooting further and possibly opening an issue.

Or maybe Chris is aware of something that could be causing this?

No - I would guess that one of your devices is sending a message that is not handled properly. As mentioned earlier, it would be good to get a log capturing this if possible?

I had sent one to your email address… I’ve resent in case it didn’t get through…

That was for the crash… I haven’t noticed anything in the log for the missed events. They either don’t come in at all (ie, manually turning off a light or switch with Hail or motion is detected/not detected), or OH shows a state change but the lights don’t actually turn on/off. I’ll get you a log for this. It happens often.

It’s best to open a ticket on my website - it’s much easier to track and things don’t go into the spam folder (or just get lost).

Can you provide a log that shows the event? At the moment you’ve sent me a reasonably long log, but nothing is logged for this ‘crash’ and I’ve no idea what I’m looking for. Ideally I’d like to see the received messages in the second or two before the event otherwise I’m kind of searching for the good old needle in the haystack…

I guess this is the known problem about notifications that has been discussed above? I will look at this issue tomorrow.

Chris,
Please go back to my original post and let me know if that gives you a starting point. That post includes the exception from the log (with timestamp) that I believe is related to the error in the console. Next time I’ll post on your site instead of email.

I don’t think the missed event issue could be related to the notification issue, since not all of the devices affected use the Alarm CC. And notifications appear to be working in the version of binding that I’m currently using. But I’ll table this one and see if it gets corrected in the next update.

Yes - I already looked at this, but this isn’t of much use. Ideally I’d like to see the received messages in the second or two before the event otherwise I’m kind of searching for the good old needle in the haystack…

Ok, well you’ll need to provide concrete examples then. If this is the case, I’ll need a log showing the incoming data, and the fact that it doesn’t get processed. Or at least something more to go on…