OH2 ZWave 'Rollershutter' (blinds) channel

Thanks - Iā€™ll take a look tonight.

It looks like your device is already in the database. Are you sure youā€™re using the latest version of the binding?

Thanks for the quick check.
I have installed OH2 using openhabian last week and did an update / upgrade after the installation.
Has it possibly been updated in this time frame?

It was added 2 weeks ago - what version are you actually running?

I am running binding-zwave - 2.0.0.SNAPSHOT.
Last update / upgrade was yesterday evening

It would be useful to know the version to be sure itā€™s updated as Iā€™m not sure what else to suggest at the moment.

The only other thing I can suggest is to provide a debug log and Iā€™ll take a look.

I see much more configuration options in habmin and I assume this is the stuff mentioned in your DB.
In Paper UI (which is obviously not yet to be used for configuration) I just saw some channels.

One of them was on / off which was confuding me.
I just need up and down (and maybe 60%). This seems to be more difficult than in OH1.

Thanks for your support - I guess I need to play around a little more and might come back to you.

Sorry - I just realised the version you have doesnā€™t have this channel. Iā€™ve just added it.

Great - Thanks!
So I can stop for today and wait until itā€™s in the next snapshot.
Again, thanks a lot!!
Great job with your zwave stuff!

@chris

Do you know when this will be available for apt-get upgrade?

Sorry - no idea. I donā€™t know how the apt build is done. If itā€™s nightly, then I guess it will be tonight, but Iā€™m not sure.

Itā€™s already included in the binding though, so I guess itā€™s just the time for it to flow through the system.

Alright, thanks.
I will check it out every now and then. :slight_smile:

Is there any text file I could check to confirm itā€™s there after the upgrade?

Never mind. It seems to be updated.
Thanks for your help.

Hi,
after using OH1 for a while I migrated to OH2 a few months ago but still have my struggles. One is that I donā€™t get my FGRM222 Roller Shutters to work properly.
I did an apt-get upgrade of the OH2 snapshot just now, deleted the existing things for my FGRM222 shutters and added them again from the inbox. But I still canā€™t see a blinds channel. Stuck with switch and brightness. Using brightness actually works, but the representation of this in the GUIs is not so nice.
Reading thru the above I should be able to add them as rollershutter items again (like in OH1). Seems I am doing something wrong ?
Thanks for reading!

Hi @ohuser,

I run the same rollershutter device successfully and I did it the same way you did:
apt-getā€¦
Paper UI: added zwave, found FGR in the inbox
Added that.
Then went to ā€œconfigā€ in Paper UI, selected the FGR andfound the channels:
switch
blinds-control
sensorā€¦

In the previous versions of zwave, the device was not supporting blinds-control, but the actual should.
I know, we are not in windows (youā€™re on linux, right?), but did you restart in between? :wink:

Hi @NCO,

thanks for replying. Yes I rebooted after the upgrade
What I just tried again:

• Delete all FGRM222 related items and things using paper UI
  • noticed that the ZWave xml files are still there, manually deleted them (after making a backup :smirk:)
  • reboot the system (raspi), xml files get regenerated
  • add the things again from the inbux using paper UI
  • still I only get switch and brightness channels, no rollershutter blinds

Now I am wondering how I can verify that the ZWave add-on was really upgraded thru apt-getā€¦ Is there any place to get a date or version number for the installed bindings ? Or do I have to completely exclude and re-include my the FGRMs again ?

Thanks for all ideas

In a console (putty or whatever you are using) do
ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101 (takes a while when done for the first time)
Password is habopen

on the karaf console type:
bundle:list

Find the addon (here for example habmin)
205 | Active | 80 | 2.0.0.201611011523 | HABmin User Interface

Version number is 2.0.0.201611011523, date is 20161101

Thanks @sihui.
Problem is fixed now, looks like apt-get update/upgrade for whatever reason failed when I did it 2 days ago. I did it again after which all my bindings were gone :fearful: After re-installing them (including ZWave), deleting the things and adding them again I was able to use the blinds channel.
I just found that the problem that bindings are gone is known: https://community.openhab.org/t/oh2-upgrade-of-today/15560
Thanks for the help

Just add them to your addons.cfg and they stay were they are during upgrading.