OH2 ZWave 'Rollershutter' (blinds) channel

I am running binding-zwave - 2.0.0.SNAPSHOT.
Last update / upgrade was yesterday evening

It would be useful to know the version to be sure it’s updated as I’m not sure what else to suggest at the moment.

The only other thing I can suggest is to provide a debug log and I’ll take a look.

I see much more configuration options in habmin and I assume this is the stuff mentioned in your DB.
In Paper UI (which is obviously not yet to be used for configuration) I just saw some channels.

One of them was on / off which was confuding me.
I just need up and down (and maybe 60%). This seems to be more difficult than in OH1.

Thanks for your support - I guess I need to play around a little more and might come back to you.

Sorry - I just realised the version you have doesn’t have this channel. I’ve just added it.

Great - Thanks!
So I can stop for today and wait until it’s in the next snapshot.
Again, thanks a lot!!
Great job with your zwave stuff!

@chris

Do you know when this will be available for apt-get upgrade?

Sorry - no idea. I don’t know how the apt build is done. If it’s nightly, then I guess it will be tonight, but I’m not sure.

It’s already included in the binding though, so I guess it’s just the time for it to flow through the system.

Alright, thanks.
I will check it out every now and then. :slight_smile:

Is there any text file I could check to confirm it’s there after the upgrade?

Never mind. It seems to be updated.
Thanks for your help.

Hi,
after using OH1 for a while I migrated to OH2 a few months ago but still have my struggles. One is that I don’t get my FGRM222 Roller Shutters to work properly.
I did an apt-get upgrade of the OH2 snapshot just now, deleted the existing things for my FGRM222 shutters and added them again from the inbox. But I still can’t see a blinds channel. Stuck with switch and brightness. Using brightness actually works, but the representation of this in the GUIs is not so nice.
Reading thru the above I should be able to add them as rollershutter items again (like in OH1). Seems I am doing something wrong ?
Thanks for reading!

Hi @ohuser,

I run the same rollershutter device successfully and I did it the same way you did:
apt-get…
Paper UI: added zwave, found FGR in the inbox
Added that.
Then went to “config” in Paper UI, selected the FGR andfound the channels:
switch
blinds-control
sensor…

In the previous versions of zwave, the device was not supporting blinds-control, but the actual should.
I know, we are not in windows (you’re on linux, right?), but did you restart in between? :wink:

Hi @NCO,

thanks for replying. Yes I rebooted after the upgrade
What I just tried again:

• Delete all FGRM222 related items and things using paper UI
  • noticed that the ZWave xml files are still there, manually deleted them (after making a backup :smirk:)
  • reboot the system (raspi), xml files get regenerated
  • add the things again from the inbux using paper UI
  • still I only get switch and brightness channels, no rollershutter blinds

Now I am wondering how I can verify that the ZWave add-on was really upgraded thru apt-get… Is there any place to get a date or version number for the installed bindings ? Or do I have to completely exclude and re-include my the FGRMs again ?

Thanks for all ideas

In a console (putty or whatever you are using) do
ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101 (takes a while when done for the first time)
Password is habopen

on the karaf console type:
bundle:list

Find the addon (here for example habmin)
205 | Active | 80 | 2.0.0.201611011523 | HABmin User Interface

Version number is 2.0.0.201611011523, date is 20161101

Thanks @sihui.
Problem is fixed now, looks like apt-get update/upgrade for whatever reason failed when I did it 2 days ago. I did it again after which all my bindings were gone :fearful: After re-installing them (including ZWave), deleting the things and adding them again I was able to use the blinds channel.
I just found that the problem that bindings are gone is known: https://community.openhab.org/t/oh2-upgrade-of-today/15560
Thanks for the help

Just add them to your addons.cfg and they stay were they are during upgrading.