OH3 and NetAtmo: Pending parent object initialization

After I migrated from OH2.5 to OH3 I noticed, I lost the outdoor sensor.
The outdoor-thing just says: Pending parent object initialization

The API, the indoor module and the rain sensor (also outdoor) work well.
Any idea what I could check to get it running?

The logfile isn’t really helpful:

2020-12-26 08:44:05.146 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'netatmo:NAModule1:feldstrasse:02000017a960' changed from OFFLINE to UNINITIALIZED

2020-12-26 08:44:05.208 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'netatmo:NAModule1:feldstrasse:02000017a960' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED)

2020-12-26 08:44:06.389 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'netatmo:NAModule1:feldstrasse:02000017a960' changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING

2020-12-26 08:44:06.428 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'netatmo:NAModule1:feldstrasse:02000017a960' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE: Pending parent object initialization

2020-12-26 08:44:11.511 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'netatmo:NAModule1:feldstrasse:02000017a960' changed from OFFLINE: Pending parent object initialization to OFFLINE

Thank you!

PS: The “disabled” comes from trying to disable and re-enable the thing in the GUI

Hey,

did you find already a solution for your problem?
i have the same error with all netatmo cameras.
The API Bridge is working.

Thanks,
Bastian

Well, it turned out my outdoor module stopped working. I can‘t even see it in the native NetAtmo app. Need to wait for replacement to be delivered until I can tell you more. Sorry.

Happy new year to all.

I have same issue, what is the UUID missing marked with yellow in my picture.

I have a similar problem with a newly installed OH3.
API and indoor-module are online. Outdoor-module and all additional Indoor modules are offline.

The log says
Thing ‘netatmo:NAModule4:*******:********’ changed from OFFLINE: Pending parent object initialization to OFFLINE

Everything works on my productive OH2.5.11

After installing the replacement module, everything works fine. But I have also to say, that I gave up the migration path - and started all over with a fresh 3.x installation (which saved me a lot of time hunting problems of the autmated migration itself)

Continuing the discussion from OH3 and NetAtmo: Pending parent object initialization:

Hi

I have the same problem whit the Thermostat Netatmo;
The API is ONLINE, the Relais also , but The Thrtmosta is OFFLINE and I have the message below in the event.log

2021-02-09 08:51:49.964 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘netatmo:NATherm1:home:2f7be26677’ changed from OFFLINE: Pending parent object initialization to UNINITIALIZED

2021-02-09 08:51:50.012 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘netatmo:NATherm1:home:2f7be26677’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED)

2021-02-09 08:51:55.294 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘netatmo:NATherm1:home:2f7be26677’ changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING

2021-02-09 08:51:55.325 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘netatmo:NATherm1:home:2f7be26677’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE: Pending parent object initialization

==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==

2021-02-09 08:52:01.570 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception:

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected an int but was BOOLEAN at line 1 column 163 path $.body.devices[0].plug_connected_boiler

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:224) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:41) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:82) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:61) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:129) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:220) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:129) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:220) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:888) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:853) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:802) ~[?:?]

at io.swagger.client.JSON.deserialize(JSON.java:134) ~[?:?]

at io.swagger.client.ApiClient.deserialize(ApiClient.java:711) ~[?:?]

at io.swagger.client.ApiClient.handleResponse(ApiClient.java:914) ~[?:?]

at io.swagger.client.ApiClient.execute(ApiClient.java:841) ~[?:?]

at io.swagger.client.api.ThermostatApi.getthermostatsdataWithHttpInfo(ThermostatApi.java:471) ~[?:?]

at io.swagger.client.api.ThermostatApi.getthermostatsdata(ThermostatApi.java:457) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.handler.NetatmoBridgeHandler.lambda$6(NetatmoBridgeHandler.java:315) ~[?:?]

at java.util.Optional.map(Optional.java:265) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.handler.NetatmoBridgeHandler.getThermostatsDataBody(NetatmoBridgeHandler.java:315) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.thermostat.NAPlugHandler.lambda$0(NAPlugHandler.java:50) ~[?:?]

at java.util.Optional.flatMap(Optional.java:294) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.thermostat.NAPlugHandler.updateReadings(NAPlugHandler.java:50) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.handler.NetatmoDeviceHandler.updateChannels(NetatmoDeviceHandler.java:127) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.handler.NetatmoDeviceHandler.updateChannels(NetatmoDeviceHandler.java:110) ~[?:?]

at java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Optional.java:183) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.handler.NetatmoModuleHandler.requestParentRefresh(NetatmoModuleHandler.java:120) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.handler.NetatmoModuleHandler.lambda$0(NetatmoModuleHandler.java:55) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected an int but was BOOLEAN at line 1 column 163 path $.body.devices[0].plug_connected_boiler

at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextInt(JsonReader.java:1197) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$7.read(TypeAdapters.java:225) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$7.read(TypeAdapters.java:217) ~[?:?]

Can you help me ?

1 Like

I work withi OpenHAB 3.01 on Raspberry 3 and Openhabian

Hi @Boby,
how can I install the replacement module?

Thanks,
Stefan