OH3, callScript cant find my script

Using OH3 I have created a script “FixDagStatus” and can successfully call it from several rules (so the script in itself is OK).
The script was created using the OH3 interface, so NOT using a separate file based editor.
Now I have created another rule in which I want to call my “FixDagStatus” script, but it seems to unable to find it.
Is this WAD and do I specifically need to enter my script in a file based way? Or am I missing somthing here? - I found some similar topics, but they were about unable to call file based scripts. Thois is just the other way round.

This is wat my rule-script looks like (script editor from a rule editor)

createTimer(now.plusSeconds(5),  [|
  {
    if (GaragedeurMotionSensor_Presence.state==OFF)
    {
      callScript("FixDagStatus")
    }
  }  
])

And the openhab.log looks like this:

2021-03-14 22:38:22.428 [WARN ] [ore.internal.scheduler.SchedulerImpl] - Scheduled job failed and stopped
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException: null
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy642.apply(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.model.script.actions.ScriptExecution.lambda$0(ScriptExecution.java:82) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.scheduler.SchedulerImpl.lambda$12(SchedulerImpl.java:166) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.scheduler.SchedulerImpl.lambda$1(SchedulerImpl.java:76) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]
Caused by: org.openhab.core.model.script.engine.ScriptExecutionException: Script 'FixDagStatus' cannot be found.
	at org.openhab.core.model.script.actions.ScriptExecution.callScript(ScriptExecution.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.invokeOperation(XbaseInterpreter.java:1176) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.invokeOperation(XbaseInterpreter.java:1151) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._invokeFeature(XbaseInterpreter.java:1137) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.invokeFeature(XbaseInterpreter.java:1082) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.invokeFeature(ScriptInterpreter.java:151) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:992) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:955) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:236) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.doEvaluate(ScriptInterpreter.java:226) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.internalEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:216) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:459) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:240) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.doEvaluate(ScriptInterpreter.java:226) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.internalEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:216) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:472) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:256) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:459) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:240) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.evaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:202) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.ClosureInvocationHandler.doInvoke(ClosureInvocationHandler.java:47) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.AbstractClosureInvocationHandler.invoke(AbstractClosureInvocationHandler.java:30) ~[?:?]
	... 10 more

I have found a work-around, I just use a sendCommand on one of the items that triggers my "FixDagStatus script.

What gave it away is that this script is actually listed as a rule when using the UI to edit a rule to trigger “Other rules” . Would be great though if the script would be directly “triggerable”

1 Like

Good catch Hans! I was searching the documentation to try to do the same, and gave up then decided to search the forums.

I think this should be added to the documentation at https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/rules-dsl.html in a sub-section “How to call a UI-written script from a Rule”.

1 Like

There is a link at the bottom of the page that will take you to where you can make the change.

But I recommend not calling it “UI-written script” but call it a UI Script Type Rule.

Also, it almost certainly does not belong in the Rules DSL page long term. Both the rule making the call to the Script Type Rule and the Script Type Rule itself may not have anything to do with Rules DSL.

Found the github link, might try writing a suggestion.

But I agree with you that it might not fit easily in this section. It seems like the Rules DSL page might need an overhaul to reflect the current UI, or how people engage with rules on the current UI. I’ll give some thought to that and if I come up with a good enough suggestion I’ll fork the repository and propose a change to openhab-docs/configuration/rules-dsl.md

1 Like