[OH3] crashes after a few seconds (mosquitto related?)

  • Platform information:
    • Hardware: RaspPi4/4GB
    • OS: openhabian 1.6.2
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk 11.0.9
    • openHAB version: 3.0.0
  • Issue of the topic: openhab crashes after approx 2s of runtime
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    configured mqtt mostly following his guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEagSEx7e4o I guess the problem is related to mqqt, see log
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

2021-01-21 21:56:51.326 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.mqtt ] - bundle org.openhab.binding.mqtt:3.0.0 (224)[org.openhab.binding.mqtt.internal.discovery.MqttServiceDiscoveryService(278)] : The activate method has thrown an exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ID segment ‘localhost:s’ contains invalid characters. Each segment of the ID must match the pattern [\w-]*.

Could that be a typo i made in the configuration? Unfortunately, I have no idea where to find the mqtt binding configuration files. openhabiandevice cannot be reached (for obvious reasons) to change or inspect parameters.

Thanks for your help


There aren’t any.

Check the jsondb for this string to find out thing/items to contain it.

I tried

grep -r “localhost:s”

in /var/lib/openhab, but it did not find anything.

Since these are my first steps with OpenHab and I only had one ‘thing’ implemented, I started from scratch and this time implemented everything via the *.things, *.items, etc. files instead of the UI. Everything worked fine, I could control a custom MQTT thing via MQTT, but for some reason OH stopped logging, so I tried a reboot of my RPi. Now, after the reboot I again see the initial error in the logs and my thing cant connect to the broker, OpenHab however does not crash, as was the case the last time. So I can verify, that its not a typo, neither in my *.things nor in the UI.

2021-01-30 01:21:42.615 [WARN ] [.MqttBrokerConnectionServiceInstance] - MqttBroker connection configuration faulty: ID segment 'localhost:s' contains invalid characters. Each segment of the ID must match the pattern [\w-]*.