OH3 - Eurotronics Spirit Zigbee & Conbee 2

Hello all,
i am new to OH and unfortunately I am not getting anywhere with the setup of my Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee thermostat.
My setup:

• RPi with openhabian (latest version)
  • deCONZ app and binding installed
  • conbee 2 stick for zigbee

now to my problem:
I have been able to bind the thermostat, can also control all options like mode (off , heating, auto), see the temperature, valve position and so on, but can’t send a new temperature to the thermostat…

What i’m doing wrong?
If you need any further information please let me know. Unfortunately I can not upload screenshots as a new user.

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

I have the same devices connected via zigbee2mqtt and no issues, therefore it’s hard to guess where your issue is coming from without any further details.

Based on the device description make sure that trv_mode is set to 2.

Have you tried to use current_heating_setpoint as well as occupied_heating_setpoint properties?

Also a note, that is worth to reset & repairing the device, as I had similar issue with another device, that one specific property was not updating via zigbee. Therefore it might be the case that the device just crashed.

Hello,
thanks for your reply. Do you have any resources how you set up the zigbee2mqtt? When i am right it is no binding and i have to install it on the RPi host via SSH for example?

There were several tutorials when I did it, not sure which one exactly I have followed.

Basically you need:
A MQTT server (can be installed via openhabian-config), the MQTT binding and Zigbee2MQTT installed on the device where your zigbee stick is attached and new OH things based on the mqtt binding and no longer using deconz binding.

As far as I understand you cannot use deconz software and zigbee2mqtt in parallel and would need to repair your devices, therefore not sure if you want to go this way.

Thank you for your help.

I made a backup of my SD card and set everything up again as you described. The MQTT bridge is also successfully integrated in OH3. Now I have to research how to integrate the thermostats. Do you have there by chance a few links in stock?

EDIT: I’ve successfully connected my thermostates to the MQTT broker. Now i have to create the channels.

Great to here that it’s working fine.

Just in case if you need help with the channels, that’s what I have (but I don’t have all available channels implemented):

channels:
  - id: aktuelleTemperatur
    channelTypeUID: mqtt:number
    label: aktuelle Temperatur
    description: null
    configuration:
      stateTopic: zigbee2mqtt/<Insert your mqtt topic here>
      transformationPattern: JSONPATH:$.local_temperature
      unit: °C
  - id: SollTemperatur
    label: Soll Temperatur
    configuration:
      commandTopic: zigbee2mqtt/<Insert your mqtt topic here>/set/current_heating_setpoint
      unit: °C
      min: 5
      transformationPattern: JSONPATH:$.current_heating_setpoint
      max: 30
  - id: Modus
    channelTypeUID: mqtt:string
    label: Modus
    configuration:
      commandTopic: zigbee2mqtt/<Insert your mqtt topic here>/set/system_mode
      allowedStates: off,heat,auto
      transformationPattern: JSONPATH:$.system_mode
  - id: Battery
    label: Batterie
    configuration:
      transformationPattern: JSONPATH:$.battery
      unit: "%"
  - id: ValvePosition
    channelTypeUID: mqtt:dimmer
    label: Valve Position
    configuration:
      transformationPattern: JSONPATH:$.pi_heating_demand

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!
This helps a lot!!

1 Like

One last additional question.
I’m able to controll the mode of the Thermostate, but got stuck with the other options. Could you please show me your transform file?

What “other options” are you talking about? E.g. controlling the current setpoint?

I’m not using any transformation files.

Do you get any error messages in the log file?
If you have zigbee2mqtt installed, there is also a GUI available: can you test to control your device via zigbee2mqtt gui, to check if the issue is with the device, the zigbee network or with the openhab integration?

Okay, i will check this web interface.
I checked the openhab loginterface and saw this error for example.

[WARN ] [t.generic.ChannelStateTransformation] - Transformation service JSONPATH for pattern $.battery not found!

So i thought i’m missing these transformation files. I added the following code form the mqtt2zigbee documentation of the thermostate to an transformation file.

{
  "eurotronic_host_flags": {
    "mirror_display": false,
    "boost": false,
    "window_open": false,
    "child_protection": true
  }
}

After this i was able to controll the on / off / auto state, but i don’t get anywhere with the temperature setpoint, or battery, or what else.

I will check the mqtt2zigbee gui if i can see anything.

In that case you are missing the jsonpath add on.
You can install itit from settings → add ons

I installed the extension and it started to work immediately… :man_facepalming: Thank you again and sorry for all of the stupid questions