OH3 - Fritz Box TR064 Add-on, Binding

I am practicing with OpenHAB3 RC1 and I have installed the TR-064 binding. I added the fritzbox thing and by performing a subsequent scan I was able to find three sub-devices: LANDevice, WANConnection and WANDevice. I was looking for Dsl informations, listed on the documentation page, but they are not available. Should there be some DSLDevice which is not ready yet? I’ve tried both with my old 7360v1 with FritzOS 6.83 and with my new 7590 with FritzOS 7.20 but the subdevices are identical.
Thank you for your attention,

Did you check the “advanced” checkbox on the channels page?

With RC1, I don‘t see the advanced checkbox for LAN or WAN subdevices… Did they get lost when you added the ppp channels?

1 Like

No. Advanced channels are only on the “root” device. But it’s a bug in the channel definition. Fix is on the way.

Try update org.openhab.binding.tr064 https://janessa.me/esh/org.openhab.binding.tr064-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

1 Like

@J-N-K I just tested the tr-64 Binding in 3.0RC1 with strange results. I configured the hostname of the Fritzbox device to be 192.168.178.1, but it seems the binding tries to connect to “fritz.box” which my box does not resolve to. Please see the attached screenshot:

See my post here: OH3 TR-064 binding missing channels

Thanks for the hint!

The question still is: why is this happening. I have found an issue, that might be the culprit. Would youl ike to try update org.openhab.binding.tr064 https://janessa.me/esh/org.openhab.binding.tr064-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?

same here :frowning:

if i use your update i get this in console

2020-12-22 17:09:29.817 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid URI host: null (authority: null)

at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient.checkHost(HttpClient.java:510) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient.newHttpRequest(HttpClient.java:495) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient.newRequest(HttpClient.java:453) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient.newRequest(HttpClient.java:442) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.tr064.internal.soap.SOAPConnector.prepareSOAPRequest(SOAPConnector.java:108) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.tr064.internal.soap.SOAPConnector.doSOAPRequest(SOAPConnector.java:132) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.tr064.internal.Tr064RootHandler.establishSecureConnectionAndUpdateProperties(Tr064RootHandler.java:223) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.tr064.internal.Tr064RootHandler.internalInitialize(Tr064RootHandler.java:153) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Please show your configuration. And increase your log-level to DEBUG.

I have also an issue with the new TR064 add-on. With the old version everything worked fine, but now I get the following error in the openhab.log:
2020-12-22 19:13:07.103 [ERROR] [com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap ] - SAAJ0511: Envelope kann nicht aus angegebener Quelle erstellt werden
Sometimes in the WebUI the following error appears: HTTP-Response-Code 500 (Internal Server Error), SOAP-Fault: 401 ()

This is my things file:
tr064:fritzbox:fritzbox [ host="ip", user="user", password="pass" ]

@J-N-K Do you have any idea what’s the issue or how I could debug it more. So which bundle should I set to a higher log level?

401 is unauthorized. It seems that the fritzbox rejects the request, no idea why. Are you sure you request values that are available on your fritzbox?

Sometimes I also get an 606 error. Is there any way to debug this?

I also have an issue with OH3 version of the binding. In version 1 it was possible to switch ON/OFF Guest WIFI. The documentation of version3 of the binding also says, that there are channels available (with advanced options):

I turned on advanced options, but I’m not able to add guest wifi channel:

Any idea or hints?

Same issue. But 606 is when trying to set a value while 401 usually is sent while reading a value. How often is “sometimes”?

wrong device. use discovery to detect the subdevices.

After Openhab restart I see the 606 and after a while it shows the 500/401

I guess this happens when a REFRESH command is sent to the channel before the thing is fully initialized. I have already submitted an improvement for that: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/9454

How can I get more logs about this issue? Actually I don’t really understand where the issue is, because it worked fine with openhab 2

You can set org.openhab.binding.tr064 to a higher log-level like DEBUG or TRACE but I doubt that there is any useful additional information.