OH3 - KNX:Status: UNINITIALIZED HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING

Hello!

I installed openhabian (OH3) on a RaspberryPi3. I installed the KNX binding (via UI) and did my KNX configuration in the UI also. Everything worked fine (Bridge ok, Dimmers ok, lights ok). Things (are my KNX actors, channels and items (the lights). But for some reason it just stopped working and I get a “Status: UNINITIALIZED HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING” error on an actor (thing). I lost all other actors-things(knx) with exeption of the dimmeractor (thing). The bridge is still ok, the dimmers are still working. All other lights stopped working and the one actor that’s still there stopped working and got the error.

I redid all the configuration again (in the UI) but after a couple of days the same story. I can’t get any wiser on simular messages in the forum (still OH2). Is there a limitation on channels for a thing (too much lights on one actor)?

Here some screenshots and the generated code from the UI.

UID: knx:device:91e5418b85

label: KNXSwitchActuator1
thingTypeUID: knx:device
configuration:
pingInterval: 600
address: 1.1.27
readInterval: 0
fetch: false
bridgeUID: knx:ip:01c4f261aa
channels:

• id: chnKeukenLicht
    channelTypeUID: knx:switch
    label: ChannelKeukenLicht
    description: null
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/12+<0/2/12
  • id: chnKeukeneilandLicht
    label: ChannelKeukeneilandLicht
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/13+<0/2/13
  • id: chnKeukenAlleLichten
    label: ChannelKeukenAlleLichten
    configuration: {}
  • id: chnAlleLichten
    label: ChannelAlleLichten
    configuration: {}
  • id: chnSpeelhoekLicht
    label: ChannelSpeelhoekLicht
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/7+<0/2/7
  • id: chnWasplaatsLicht
    label: ChannelWasplaatsLicht
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/6+<0/2/6
  • id: chnWCLicht
    label: ChannelWCLicht
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/5+<0/2/5
  • id: chnInkomhalLicht
    label: ChannelInkomhalLicht
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/1+<0/2/1
  • id: chnTraphalLicht
    label: ChannelTraphalLicht
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/3+<0/2/3
  • id: chnBergingLicht
    label: ChannelBergingLicht
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/14+<0/2/14
  • id: chnGarageLicht
    label: ChannelGarageLicht
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/15+<0/2/15
  • id: chnLivingStopcontactTV
    label: ChannelLivingStopcontactTV
    description: “”
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/11+<0/2/11
  • id: chnLivingStopcontactLED
    label: ChannelLivingStopcontactLED
    description: “”
    configuration:
    ga: 0/0/10+<0/2/10

Is it better to leave the UI and go for the code option? But can I still use the other things like scripts etc. via the UI? And where do I have to place those config files?

Hope someone could help me, because I got lost now :frowning:

Thanks!

Pieter

Hi,

I have no idea why your config suddenly stopped working. Does your actuator (the physical device) still work? Anyway, I have configured my KNX things in a file and created the items in the UI. If you decide to experiment with files config, the file(s) should be named *.things and be placed in the /etc/openhab/things folder. You may still use rules and all other stuff from the UI. By the way, perhaps you should try to set the fetch option to true.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response. The actuator (physical device) is still working… I’ll first try with the fetch option via the UI. If the result is the same I’ll try via *.things config-files under /etc/openhab/things

Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Hi Martin,

Sorry it took so long. But I followed your suggestions, put all my KNX stuff in a things, file. Did all the other stuff in the UI (items, rules, …). Everything works very stable now.

Thanks for your help!

If this is the solution (to make config files again) then the new approach is a complete fail… I had / have the same error when I tried to set up OH3 from scratch…
Got no solution so far…

Hi,

I have the same problem as Pieter1 and I also put all my KNX stuff in a .things file. Everything worked for 3 days in my OH3 and then suddenly my KNX Thing Device shows HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING and no KNX device is working.

• I did serveral restarts
  • I changed the KNX Adress to another KNX device of a different vendor
  • I did a reset of my KNX Gateway

but nothing worked. It just came suddenly and all the KNX devices stopped working.

If there is a solution I am curious to hear it.

I have the same Problem…

Openhab 3.2 / KNX Binding 3.2

I reinstalled my complete OpenHabian (latest image), but the KNX-Binding will not start gain…
→ It worked for around one Year very stable with around 250 things!
But now it is gone… I don’t know why…

I also started the DEBUG-Log mode of KNX-Bindig but without any hint to the problem…

I use the configuration over file:

Hello,

I solved the problem for me. You should not use any MDT product as the KNX reference address in your OH3 installation. OH3 is creating an internal error in the MDT product. Hence even when you do a complete reinstall of your OH3 server the problem remains and comes back when you set up the KNX config file.

My solution was to use a KNX x/y/z address of another vendor for my complete KNX installation. This address is used in your KNX file to check if the device is up and running.

I hope this can help you as well.

Best regards,

Laurent