[OH3] Main UI - New „main_widget“ - development and testing [deprecated]

@hmerk i’ve updated the wiki with intro and designs draft.
let me know if the intro is grammatically correct :slight_smile:

for lights card, when the issue is they are all grouped into one switch…
if i understood correctly, the solutions is:

• create different equipment groups inside the room, each group with the name of the light and put the light item inside it.

and if i chose to use manual tag, i have to remove lights from the group, manually tag each light, and what?
am i right?

No, I will explain later. No addtional tags needed.

@hmerk : I updated the code on GitHub. I implemented Justins logic for Home and Floor Menu.

For Rooms it is not quiet easy as I thought cause of the cascading menu (select Floor and then only get the relevant Rooms) and I do not know if I broke some of your logic while putting the things together.

Could you have a look at it?

Cheers, Nic

Will try to find some time this evening.

Made some changes, hope it is ok for you.

Like any other „multi item equipment/widget) all belonging items ned ro be grouped within a semantic equipment item/group like Lightbulb, RadiatorControl, HAVAC, Speaker, etc. Having this setup properly in the model, there is no need for additional tags, as we can detect types or categorys from the semantic model and get the needed items.
So for an example, a Lightbulb equipment can contain a switch, ad dimmer and a color item, a radiator control can contain ambient temperatur, set temperature and valve position. The issue to overcome is if an equipment has more than one identical items, like ambient temp and set temp. In this cas, additional tags might be needed, but this ist still to check…

Hi @hmerk

Did you find the time and did you already have had a look at the Code?

Unfortunately not, still on business trip but back tomorrow.

Just for info, i’ve recently sent to hmerk all widget collection for this main widget. This include a new rollershutter widget,security widget, hvac widget.
When he will be back, he will take a look to the code and then maybe we will be ready to test them in another main widget version.

ah -alright.

I notice one thing which I could not manage for now, but perhaps you see it at once:

The underlining does not work anymore…

That should be easy to fix….

I have fixed the menu and coloring, seems to be working right now.
Actually, I am slightly modifying @rubenfuser 's widgets to get the functionality right and come to nealy zero config, as we have with the other wirgets. This of course will extend the prerequisits…
Hope to finish the changes by end of tomorrow…

Mostly working

Nearly finished, only logic for the sliders missing

Needs some small adoptions, but elready working

Needs a couple of adoptions, but working on it.

Nearly finished (thanks @rubenfuser ) about to be released soon

First one released, more to follow

Finished, just needs some docs to be released.

1 Like

Sound really cool. Thank you for your engagement!

Could you already foresee when you could post the updated code?

Hmm, perhaps in a couple of minutes, at least some of it…

At all, I have updatend the linked posts in the first post and added the new scenes and security card.
Still need to add a bit more description to the new widgets…

@rubenfuser As Dimitrys design was not using an expandable card, I have changed your code to fit the design. What I still need to implement is some buttons with pin pad seurity to chnge the state of the security system.

@Nic0205 Would it be possible to reduce the height of the navbar and the footer a bit and therefore raise it for the middle part. On my mobile, I see a lot of unused space…

Hi @hmerk: I will have a look at it.

Thank you!!!

Hi @hmerk,

the coloring / underlining does work - but without JustinGs addition for having the Floors orderd by meta tag or did I miss something? ([OH3] Main UI - New „main_widget“ - development and testing [deprecated] - #359 by JustinG)

How should the ordering work ?
You did not implement it equal to floors and room level, so i corrected it the way I thought it was correct.
Now my floors and rooms are ordered alphabetically…

Hi,

my thought was to use the “Widget Order Index” - Metatag. Justin worked out a way how to do it. It worked for the floors but not cascading to the room. In fact Justins approach are two repeater loops in one. I did not manage to get the underline for the actual floor correct (see GitHub-repo).

I hope I described it clear enough