OH3: MQTT Channel configuration error

Hi, I am testing an Openhab3 installation on linux. Before using it as daily driver, I would like to check if everythin is initializating fine. This WARN occurs while starting openhab 3:

2021-01-15 11:12:07.892 [WARN ] [rnal.handler.GenericMQTTThingHandler] - Channel configuration error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The transformation pattern must consist of the type and the pattern separated by a colon

at org.openhab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelStateTransformation.<init>(ChannelStateTransformation.java:50) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.handler.GenericMQTTThingHandler.lambda$7(GenericMQTTThingHandler.java:131) ~[bundleFile:?]

at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195) ~[?:?]

at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:177) ~[?:?]

at java.util.Spliterators$ArraySpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:948) ~[?:?]

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484) ~[?:?]

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474) ~[?:?]

at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:150) ~[?:?]

at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:173) ~[?:?]

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:?]

at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:497) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.handler.GenericMQTTThingHandler.createChannelState(GenericMQTTThingHandler.java:132) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.handler.GenericMQTTThingHandler.initialize(GenericMQTTThingHandler.java:165) [bundleFile:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor47.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Is that a general warning for a transformation binding? I can’t see any reference to a particular channel in these messages.
I use JSONPATH and REGEX filters in my channels, and copied them 1:1 from my daily used OH2.5.11 to the OH3 test installation.

Thank’s for your help

The transformation pattern must consist of the type and the pattern separated by a colon

This means that one of your transformation configurations didn’t have the right syntax. It should be:

SERVICE:PATTERN

such as

JSONPATH:$.power

Thank’s for the hint. But, “one of your transformation configurations”. It is not mentioned which particular channel, so I need to view every channel of every thing?

I’m afraid so…!

Figured it out easily. Either via the good overview with the “code” tab of each thing in OH3 or there were a status label with “conf. error” in thing overview which shows the wrong configured item. It was a copy paste error by myself. Was pasting the mqtt cmnd syntax in jsonpath transformation field.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.