OH3 on Windows, turn off Screensaver

Hello world,

I am running OH3 on Windows 10 and everything is doing fine so far.

I have a screensaver that starts after some time, to show a nice slide show of my photos. And there is a rule that detects when someone passes by for the first time at morning. Then a welcome message is generated by TTS, and some music plays. That’s fine so far.

What I now want to have is that in this situation the screensaver is terminated, to enable a view on OH content (weather, time etc.). If tried to simulate a key strike using NirCmd, but this does not work - probably because OH is running as service.

Is there any other way to stop the screensaver from a rule (in this configuration)?

Thank you for any hints,
Gerhard

Please don’t use advertising links for your topics !!

Sorry, was a copy paste error. I deleted it in the text, but it appeard.

depends on the privileges.
Check which program/process is running the screensaver.
Get its process id or name and kill it by it’s id or name.

This may help: How to Kill a Process in Windows 10

Thanks for this interesting approach. But the task ID changes every time the screensaver or system is (re)started. So this does not work out from an OH3 rule…but I will check using the name.

In general it is possible to kill a task by it’s name as well as by it’s number.
As only one screensaver can run on a windows machine at the same time it shouldn’t be a problem to find the right one. What you also can do is to use tasklist ( I am not sure if it can be filtered by name ). But latest using powershell in a batch file it should be possible to filter the resulting output of tasks.
In case the script does not fit into the GUI create a windows batch file and call it via executeCommandLine from within the rule.
My system runs under cubietruck resp. Pi. Everthing I cannot do from within the UI I try to delegate to run from a shell that is triggered from within a rule.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.