OH3 Prowl support?

After upgrading to OH3, I see that Prowl is no longer working.
Has this been discontinued or just not updated to work on OH3?

prowl is an openhab1 action. openHAB 1 add-ons are not supported in openHAB 3. This explains why you donā€™t see it anymore. So unless someone creates an openHAB 3 version itā€™s wonā€™t be available anymore.

Looking at the code it should not be to difficult to convert to an openHAB 3 binding. However it uses an obscure library that doesnā€™t seem to be maintained since 2015. So most work is probably to get this library part in shape again, as itā€™s allowed to just include the jar as done in the openHAB1 binding.

Today this Prowl Binding PR got merged:

1 Like

Sorry for an inexperienced user question, been using OpenHab since 1.x but just upgraded to 3. Iā€™ve checked out main branch but I donā€™t see the prowl package in the installer gui, is there another step please?

I use Prowl for CCTV motion notifications and heating notifications. There may be a better solution but I like Prowl for how you can set importance of the notifications for different alert sounds,

Can you confirm your version?

Iā€™m on openHAB 3.3.0.M3 and can see the Prowl binding is available.

1 Like

Thank you - all resolved! I didnā€™t realise there was another step to switching versions in openhabian-config as well as checking out the main branch, I now see the bindings thank you for your help.

1 Like

Iā€™m using openHAB 3.4.1 with the Prowl Binding.
I have the API key added and Thing created.
Iā€™m not sure how to make a rule to push a notification using OH3.
Is this something that cannot be made by clicking Rules, + new rule ?
Is there a better example that the one shown?