- openHabian 3.4.3 on rPi4 with 4GB
I seem to struggle with which item type to attahc to which channel for RGBCW lights.
I have a 1200x300 CW LED which has a:
- colour temperature channel (dimmer type)
- linked to a dimmer type item to change from cold to warm
- level control channel, linked to a
- dimmer type to change brightness, and
- switch type
This works nicely.
Now I installed a RGBCW bulb, which I have set-up like this:
- colour temperature channel (dimmer type) (#1)
- linked to a color type to change from cold to warm
- color channel (type color) linked to a
- color type which provides the three HSB sliders (#2)
- dimmer type to change the brightness (#3)
This also works, but shows the following problem:
I can use #1 to change CW
I can use #3 to dim CW
When I use #2 I can change colour and brightness, but when using the #1, it does not change the colour of the bulb; I have to go back to #2 to set H and S to 0 and B to what I had before.
Either I am doubling up on items, or have the wrong ones associated withe wrong channels.
What I’d like to achieve is, that I can set all CW-capable lights to the same colour temperature based on an ambient lux value… and control RGB colour via different rules, w/o touching/changing the CW LEDs…
That is, if this combination is possible at all.
Any hints appreciated.