OH3 Tinkerforge binding

Hi,
I am using " org.openhab.binding.tinkerforge-2.5.0-14-SNAPSHOT.jar " addons as binding for my Tinkerforge sensors with version OH2. It is working fine.

I installed a new test OH3 on a raspberry PI on a fresh SD card and it is working fine (still learning !!).
But did not find the OH3 binding for Tinkerforge in the binding list.
Try to add the “org.openhab.binding.tinkerforge-2.5.0-14-SNAPSHOT. jar” file to the addons folder (/usr/share/openhab/addons) without success: access denied. Cannot change the permissions on this folder.

How can i add the Tinkerforge binding to OH3 ?

Thanks
Patrick

Have a look at this page for the tinkerforge binding: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/6179

Please have a look at this forum page for the development of the Tinkerforge binding (sorry, German only):

Edit: If you follow the link from @hafniumzinc you will find the same link :grinning:

Hi Thank you for the info.
But how do I add the “org.openhab.binding.tinkerforge-2.5.0-14-SNAPSHOT.jar” to the addons folder?
I receive an access denied if i try to add the file to the folder…

Thanks
Patrick

how did you try to change the permission ? How did you try to add it to the folder ?
Latest doing that with sudo or using a root shell you have to be able to do so.

I tried to use winscp and the samba share like i did with OH2.
I can access the samba userdata and config share, not the addons share

Here is what i add at the end of the /etc/samba/smb.conf

#=================== Custom Share Definitions ====================
[openHAB-userdata]
comment=openHAB userdata
path=/var/lib/openhab
browseable=Yes
writeable=Yes
only guest=no
public=no
create mask=0777
directory mask=0777

[openHAB-conf]
comment=openHAB site configuration
path=/etc/openhab
browseable=Yes
writeable=Yes
only guest=no
public=no
create mask=0777
directory mask=0777

[openHAB-addons]
comment=openHAB addons
path=/usr/share/openhab/addons
browseable=Yes
writeable=Yes
only guest=no
public=no
create mask=0777
directory mask=0777

I have the jar file on my pc and having some problems with the sudo commands (still learning) to transfer the jar file from the pc to the addons folder on the raspberry.

Patrick

Wrong file(s), please follow the above links for the latest binding. You need to download two files.

When login via ssh is enabled on your Pi then you can use winscp ( using scp resp. sftp protocol ) to copy the file from PC to e.g. /tmp folder using any user that has a login account.
In case have you have a login account for openhab you can use this way to copy the file directly to the target directory.

In case you cannot create new directories / files via samba try to login as user that owns the directory on the Pi. In case there is no login available for the target user:group you can add

force user = openhab
force group = openhab

to the related section in the samba configuration. This will force all the activities ( create directory, created file, write … ) to user openhab:openhab.

Thanks,
I could add the tinkerforge 2.5 jar file to the addons folder.
But after rebooting the openhab PI , the binding is not listed.
Did i forgot something or is the 2.5 binding not compatible with the OH3 bindings?
Do i have to wait until someone makes a OH3 Tinkerforge binding?
Patrick

There was a recent announcement they stopped developing an openHAB3 Tinkerforge binding …

The only way to make the hardware work now is via MQTT:
https://www.tinkerforge.com/en/doc/Software/API_Bindings_MQTT.html