OH3 where is the log viewer (with docker Container on Synology)

All UI access to IH is through the REST API. If it is not in the API then the UI cannot access it.

The UI is using REST API + SSE.

And as previously stated the logging information is not in that API.

I think we are talking at cross purposes.
I am still very familiar with most things, having spent years developing for Eclipse SmartHome and openHAB Core (and have been a maintainer until I decided to retire).
My message has been about developing a bridge between SSE and the logging framework so the UI can provide a log viewer.
Sorry if this is not the right place and we should concentrate on what is currently present.
My intention has been to address my message to Yannick so he can reply if this has been already considered by the current active development team.

1 Like

Intereseting @maggu2810 - if the appender can stream events to SSE, with filtering capabilities, a log viewer becomes very possible. It would not inheritently be different than the event monitor that already exists in the UI. Maybe if possible streaming the last 20 events or so (like tail -f) when the connection is opened would be even better.

I could provide you a POC (after finding some time to implement). I will ping you…

2 Likes

Sorry, I was looking more from a user level.

Thanks, that works perfectly for me.
I use OH3 running as a docker container on a rpi4 (not openHabian).

This is my docker-compose snippet.

[...]
  openhab3:
    #image: "openhab/openhab:latest"
    image: "openhab/openhab:3.1.0-snapshot"
    container_name: openhab3
    restart: unless-stopped
    network_mode: host
    volumes:
      - "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro"
      - "/etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro"
      - "./volumes/openhab3/addons:/openhab/addons"
      - "./volumes/openhab3/conf:/openhab/conf"
      - "./volumes/openhab3/userdata:/openhab/userdata"
    environment:
      OPENHAB_HTTP_PORT: "38080"
      OPENHAB_HTTPS_PORT: "38443"
      EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS: "-Duser.timezone=Europe/Berlin"

frontail-openhab:
    container_name: "frontail-openhab"
    restart: unless-stopped
    image: "welteki/frontail-openhab"
    ports:
      - "9001:9001"
    volumes:
      - "./volumes/openhab3/userdata/logs:/openhab/userdata/logs:ro"

openHAB does not have a log viewer. the openHABian image for the Raspberry Pi has an option to install the Frontail log viewer.

Which has NOTHING to do with a Docker container on Synology. Start a new thread!