OH3 - ZWAVE Installation on Synology/Docker: offline after power failure

I have proudly integrated my ZWAVE stick into my OH3 installation via Synology/Docker (see below for how I proceeded).
After a power failure (incl. reboot of the Synology) the stick is now no longer recognised.

I could imagine that the container no longer starts with “high priority” when restarting - but I don’t know where I could intervene here when restarting the container … or do I have to reinstall the entire container? That would be annoying!

Here are my Logs:
openhab.log:
12.12.2020 10:11:06.127 [INFO ] [zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler] Attempting to add listener when controller is null
events.log:

12.12.2020 10:11:00.300 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:serial_zstick:76aXXXXXXX’ changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline to UNINITIALIZED
12.12.2020 10:11:01.052 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:serial_zstick:76aXXXXXXX’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED)
12.12.2020 10:11:06.672 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:serial_zstick:76aXXXXXXX’ changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING
12.12.2020 10:11:06.724 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:serial_zstick:76aXXXXXXX’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline

Here is my way “how it worked ‘back then’”:

That sound like Synology Docker permission issue and not openHAB specific. perhaps Synology or docker forums have more experience. I know Docker on my test Pi with a Z-wave stick works fine with OH3.

Ahh, I have narrowed down the problem that after a power failure my Z-WAVE stick - “THING” is no longer found : if I do a new search for THINGS in the Z-WAVE binding, it is found (again).

Can anyone explain this? Or does anyone know how to deal with such a situation? It doesn’t seem very practical to me to always delete the “old thing” and search & create it again …?

same problem here, suddenly zwave controller (aeotec stick gen5) goes offline and I have to do a new search for thing in the Z-Wave binding.

My environment is OpenHab 3 (docker), installed on intel nuc. With openhab 2.X (docker) never happened. I can’t find out what the cause is.

No log explanatory because they only say: BRIDGE_OFFLINE

That indicates that the openHAB Docker container cannot access the USB device.

Thank you @Bruce_Osborne you got me in the right direction. I put this directive (privileged: true) on docker-compose file under the openhab section.

openhab:
    container_name: openhab
    image: openhab/openhab
    restart: always
    privileged: true

For a week the bridge is always ON. I can’t explain why is suddenly happened. Probably some system updates.

UPDATE: ops after a week the problem reappeared. No system updates or downtime occurred during this period. Serial port (/dev/ttyACM0) is not changed and the usb stick seems working fine.

Restarting container has no effect:
docker-compose restart openhab

To make it work again I have to recreate the container:
docker-compose up -d --force-recreate openhab

Anyone have idea why it suddenly happens?