OH4 find which rule is sending a warning to log file

I have migrated from OH3.4.4 to OH4 and in the log file I am seeing this:

2023-07-27 15:15:01.893 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Incoming payload 'QE' not supported by type 'NumberValue'

How can I find where this is coming from as I have a lot of rules that are using the generic mqtt?

I am running Debian 12.

I think first you need to know which channel is receiving this payload - only those which are of type NumberValue are of interest.
Once you know it you may have an idea who/what is sending the payload.
Are transformations like JSONPATH in use which may extract such string instead of a number ?

OK thanks I will have to look at this later so at least I know there is now easier way or add more debugging to find it straight away.

Found it. I noticed it was every 5 minutes so I looked in my crontab and I have a script to get the hard drive temperature of /dev/sda and send via Mqtt but as I am testing the migration on a virtual machine that doesn’t exist as a physical disk and will fail.

I think I have finally managed to get the migration to work.
One issue was I didn’t upgrade to the latest 3.4 version. I went to it by running:
apt install openhab=3.4.5-1 openhab-addons=3.4.5-1

The zulu17 version I was using was one of the issues.
I am now using:
openjdk 17.0.8 2023-07-18 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu17.44+15-CA (build 17.0.8+7-LTS)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu17.44+15-CA (build 17.0.8+7-LTS, mixed mode, sharing)

I had to change a few scripts to add the javascript 5.1 version.
I will test it a bit more on the VM before taking the plunge and upgrading my physical machine.

A big thank you to all involved in the OH project and others for support that I have received over my OH journey from OH2.5 to OH3.4 and now OH4.0

1 Like

could you explain a bit more in detail ?

Can’t remember in detail but it was something about zip errors.

1 Like