OH4 upgrade, can't add new thing of binding, but existing things are working

After updating from OH 3.x to OH 4.1 the existing things work well, but if I press the “+” button on the things page then my bindings are not shown.
I put the required addon.xml to OH-INF/addon and deleted the binding.xml.

The binding is accepted and works as feature, but not recognized as addon.
Did I miss something or is there a hook for debugging?

The kar is here: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/de/ibapl/openhab/oh-ibapl-kar/4.1.0.3-SNAPSHOT/oh-ibapl-kar-4.1.0.3-20231227.133539-1.kar
The sources are here: GitHub - aploese/esh-ibapl: Add-on bindings for openHAB..

Arne

Probably this binding was not yet ported to OH4. You need to contact the devoloper of that binding.
Meanwhile you can try to add new things through developer sidebar in MainUI.

The problem is, I am the developer.
Maybe I missed the doc, which described the porting to OH4?
Or maybe this is just a regession bug?

Did you also manually build the folder structure for the addons.xml ? NM I looked at your source code it is correctly structured.
Did you confirm the POM file is correct? NM that same with POM it looks ok too.
When you do list from CLI does it show your binding active? NM loaded your binding see it is active.
I also do not see it show up when clcik + to add new.
I kinda recall there was some script that was supposed to address some of this, but I thought it ran during build in eclipse.
However that was a while back like 6 or 7 months maybe even a year ago it was discussed.
You should be able to turn debug logging on for any of what you want in Openhab as well as what ever you put in your binding for debug statements that will tell the story I am sure.
Because based a very very quick peek at your code base nothing screams out as an issue.

The OSGi version range is not correct:

We’re using OSGi R8 nowadays:

If it still does not work, try to start the bundle in the Karaf console and it usually tells what dependencies cannot be resolved.

If you add Karaf feature verification to your build you will see errors at compile time instead of runtime when feature dependencies cannot be resolved.

I thought that as well when I looked at OP’s code but I DL’d his kar and loaded it on a clean build and
what is crazy here is all the bundles started and went active.

272 │ Active │  80 │ 3.0.0                  │ JNHW :: Common
273 │ Active │  80 │ 3.0.0                  │ JNHW :: Native Lib Loader
274 │ Active │  80 │ 3.0.0                  │ JNHW :: Posix
275 │ Active │  80 │ 3.0.0                  │ JNHW :: Win API
276 │ Active │  80 │ 3.2.0.202312271328     │ SPSW :: API
277 │ Active │  80 │ 3.2.0.202312271328     │ SPSW :: JNHW Provider
278 │ Active │  80 │ 2.1.1.202312271330     │ FHZ4J :: Adapter CUL
279 │ Active │  80 │ 4.1.0.3-202312271335   │ OH IbAPl :: FHZ4J Binding
280 │ Active │  80 │ 1.1.1.202312271333     │ OneWire4J :: API/SPI
281 │ Active │  80 │ 4.1.0.3-202312271335   │ OH IbAPl :: OneWire4J Binding

And stopped and restarted all of them even a pure debug of all did not show any errors.

OK, I created a binding in the openhab-addons from github - tested it - OK.
Then I replaced the OH-INF with the one from the fhz4j binding (…some cleanup has to be done).
With this jar the things of fhz4j could be created - without the backing code obviously.
So I copied the content of OH-INF back deleted the jar in the OH-instance and tried out the kar - with no success.
In the debug logs I could not find any hint if the content of OH-INF was recognized or thrown out due to errors - just no info at all.