Older version of HABmin after installing openHAB 2.4.0 on Synology

• Platform information: Synology DS214 Play
    • Hardware: _INTEL Atom CE5335, 1.6Ghz
    • Java Runtime Environment: 1.8.0.221
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0.002
  • Issue of the topic:
    I have installed openHAB 2.4.0 succesfully using the .spk-file from https://www.openhab.org/docs/installation/synology.html#installation.
    Initially I did not install the HABmin interface because I did not know it would be usefull to me at that time. When I wanted to create time-series graphs from data of my electricity installation, HABmin became interesting for me (more sophisticated graphs). I then installed HABmin via Paper UI as a User Interface AddOn. The installation went fine and within Paper UI the version of HABmin seemed to be 2.4.0.
    When I looked at the documentation of HABmin, the screenshots differed from my HABmin UI. When I looked closer in HABmin, it seems to be version 2.0.0., from date “2018-12-17T00:31:22”. In this version it is not possible to edit previous created charts. When I want to change a chart, I need to create a new one.

Any ideas? Did I do something wrong?

No. HABmin has not been further developed and is mainly used for configuration of zwave devices.
If you want to use charts I would recommend to take a look at influxdb with grafana.

I already did take a look at Grafana. I installed the Maria DB package on my Synology, created an openhab-database and connected it to openHAB. OpenHAB created tables and inserts the time series data. So far so good.
Since I can’t find a way to install Grafana on my Synology (no package found in de Synology app-store, no useable .spk found on the internet and no possibility to install the docker-package on my Synology), I tried HABmin. I’ve seen that there is a 2.4.0 version of HABmin. In that version it is possible to modify already created charts.

Any ideas how to install the 2.4.0 version of HABmin or the newest version of Grafana on my Synology?

As Sihui stated, you already have the latest version of HABMin. There had been no changes to the chasing part of HABMin since before OH 2.0 was released. Only the zwave and zigbee parts of HABmin have receive any updates in the past 4 years.

I can’t help with getting Grafana to run on Synology, but a quick Google search showed three YouTube tutorials on the top four search results.

I believe HABPanel has native support for charts. And OH also has native support for charts on Sitemaps.