Onewire unreliable with openhab 2.2.0?

Has anyone else experienced unreliable one-wire operation with OpenHAB 2.2.0? I’ve had reasonably good luck with 2.1.0 but now an occasional update to state in openhab isn’t reflected in the onewire config, resulting in hilarity, like having no heat. I don’t see any hints in the logs at normal levels, but I’ve installed a watchdog which seems to be noticing it fails about once every 30 minutes. Any ideas?

I downgraded the binding to 1.10.0 by placing org.openhab.binding.onewire-1.10.0.jar into addons/:

openhab> bundle:list  | grep One
238 │ Active   │  80 │ 1.10.0                 │ openHAB OneWire Binding
openhab> 

Around the time onewire stops working, I see

2018-02-28 02:59:55.230 [WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin] - EventAdmin: Blacklisting ServiceReference [{org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler}={event.topics=openhab/*, service.pid=org.openhab.onewire, component.name=org.openhab.binding.onewire.refreshservice, component.id=14, service.id=348, service.bundleid=238, service.scope=bundle} | Bundle(org.openhab.binding.onewire_1.10.0 [238])] due to timeout!

in the log. I’m going to try the workaround for disabling timeouts as described here.

I suggest you move to 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT instead, it’s got this issue fixed some time ago.